Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kimosobey's Studio Reef - Quick Update -

Kimosobey

Going with Unique Coral and hopefully picking up some pieces from the Legendary Coral's sale next this weekend.

Picked up a yellow watchman goby but it looks like its going to be a lot harder to get pictures of him than I thought.

Did you end up getting anything for the Sale this weekend?

Did you end up getting anything for the Sale this weekend?

Hey sorry i've been M.I.A.

Unfortunately I did't pick up any corals during the sale since my sister had a baby the day before and I became a uncle so thats what I was doing all weekend.

I even went to some local fish stores in LA to try to pick up some pieces before heading home, but out of the three places I went they all had unhealthy looking corals :(

So hopefully this weekend I am going to finally order some online!

( Here's a video I made)

Congrats! First time being an uncle? And what stores did you go to in La? You should have told me bro, I would have told you what's stores to hit up

Congrats! First time being an uncle? And what stores did you go to in La? You should have told me bro, I would have told you what's stores to hit up

Thats right, first time. And let me know asap, I'm going back today to LA all weekend. Hopefully some are open tomorrow!

Kimosobey how do u like the par 30? Do u think enough like for the tank? Are using 60 degree optic? The wp10 is it perfect for the tank or little to strong? Is there place u can buy the media basket? Also nice looking tank! That's funny my rock work is similar to yours...

Kimosobey how do u like the par 30? Do u think enough like for the tank? Are using 60 degree optic? The wp10 is it perfect for the tank or little to strong? Is there place u can buy the media basket? Also nice looking tank! That's funny my rock work is similar to yours...

Thank you! Can't wait to see yours up here!

The par30 is alright, it has it's pros and cons. It has a decent spread, depending on how you place corals and scape. Probably more suitable for a cube tank. Color is a nice crisp light blue which I like a lot. You can get pretty creative how you hang it which is cool unlike a gooseneck. I have mine about 6-7" off the surface and salt builds up on the lens which sucks. I can't really comment on how it does with corals since I only have a condy anemone. It's only temporarily since It will be replaced by a nanobox next month then i'll start buying more corals. It has the 120 degree optics

I love the wp10, that thing is probably the best piece of equipment on the tank. Not to much flow which others were saying. Between the 606 and the wp10 there's almost no deadspots.

I bought the media basket from Intank new. Its pretty cool. Can you make your own? sure but I the intank basket is way cleaner and easier to clean.

Little update. Tank has been stable. Still have some plans with this tank. Haven't been able to throw any money at some corals yet. Hopefully I can catch the next frag swap down in LA. Just need to figure out how to siphon out crap thats on the surface of the sand and on the rocks.

Had a scary moment, goby decided to go carpet surfing behind the stand a week ago. I have no clue how long he was out but I couldn't find him for awhile. Spotted him behind the stand and I thought damn there goes $20... But to my surprise he was still alive so I threw him back in the tank and he's been doing fine since then. I think he scraped his nose or something though.

(not the best pictures)

IMG_2668_zpsmujzgwt6.jpg

Poor nose

IMG_2670_zpsr7suswir.jpg

IMG_2667_zps58rghkwc.jpg

The condy

2d11f829-eb56-4e1e-ab9e-78abfc8830bf_zps

IMG_2679_zpsv68f6lp0.jpg

Dude I love the par bulb. It adds to the simpleness. Maybe I should scrape my build and get a spec v like you :)

Haha honestly if I could restart I would have gone with something else. Don't get me wrong this is a cool little tank! Plus it's my first reef so mistakes will be made.

Spec V

Pros:

Size

AIO

Looks different then most tanks

Cons:

Size

Cleaning the back compartments

Equipment is very limited

Haha honestly if I could restart I would have gone with something else.

Honestly it's the unique size that gets me. It's long and narrow but I did not like my All in one tank. It was cool but I couldn't really see when things got dirty. I've tried canister, all in one and now I'm going to try a sump but I'm sticking with a nano! You still have that Ada laying around right?

Still have it! So tempted to sell this whole set up and put it towards the ada. What you think?

60-f

Canister with lilly pipes

Minimalistic scape

Nanobox duo

Still have it! So tempted to sell this whole set up and put it towards the ada. What you think?

60-f

Canister with lilly pipes

Minimalistic scape

Nanobox duo

Of course JR! would like the idea! haha and i think it would be a sick set up man. ADA tank are just another level!

And the Goby decided to go carpet surfing one last time... I even had the lid on it that comes with the tank. (which the middle part is open)

Lesson learned!

Archived