50watt Cobalt Easy Therm

- Fish -

Maroon Clownfish

Yellow Watchman Goby

- Inverts -

1 x Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

3 x Zebra Turbo Snail

3 x Tongan Nassarius Snail

5 x Some kind of hermit crab (forgot the name)

- Corals -

Condy anemone

Going to add more inverts in the future

Since i'm new here! Quick introduction! My name is Cory, been into freshwater for the last 10 years. Decided getting into reef aquariums is something new and completely unknown territory for me so I jumped right in. Dad got me into the hobby at a young age and i've been hooked ever since. Had everything from your basic Bala Sharks to a beautiful Silver Arowana and last year I tore down my 100 gallon Discus tank. Since I live in a small studio apartment I had to go with a small AIO tank. Hoping I'm going to learn a lot from this tank. Last.. but not least! Thank you Nano-Reef and all the people who share their knowledge on here so us beginners can have a lot less steep learning curve which is usually costly! So thank you for letting me be apart of this community :bowdown:

Yeah I did skip over a little part with not sharing the tank cycling and all the way building it up to where it is today. But here are some extra pictures!

IMG_0587_zpsm5hchgji.jpg

IMG_1169_zps5rff5ovf.jpg

IMG_1195_zps3j1r4dp6.jpg

IMG_1200_zpsemy6tiza.jpg

IMG_1209_zpsjdypzryx.jpg

IMG_1217_zpskssw0vyk.jpg

IMG_1367_zpswk0ap9bu.jpg

IMG_1665_zpsnnrriwns.jpg

IMG_1672_zpshla3jiki.jpg

Lost the cleaner shrimp overnight. Not entirely sure why. Parameters were in check but salinity creeped up to 1.029. There was almost nothing left of him. Would a hermit or a snail eat a dead cleaner shrimp?

what an awesome build. love it.

Hey! first comment. Thanks man! Your 60f inspired me (hence the reason theres one in the picture above).

Loving the build, What stand is that?! and is that a ada 60-f i see!?

Thanks man! You have/had some clean tanks yourself! Yeah, initially I was going to start out with the 60-f but living in a little upstairs studio apartment doesn't give you much room since I wanted a sump too. Plans are to sell the 60f, bigger apartment in a month or so and bigger tank. :naughtydance: oh and its Besta Shelf unit.

Thanks man! You have/had some clean tanks yourself! Yeah, initially I was going to start out with the 60-f but living in a little upstairs studio apartment doesn't give you much room since I wanted a sump too. Plans are to sell the 60f, bigger apartment in a month or so and bigger tank. :naughtydance: oh and its Besta Shelf unit.

I feel your pain. The Fluval looks great though! try to snag a nanobox tide if you can from the forums, the light will make all the word of a difference. ill be following along to see what magic you create with this tank haha.

I feel your pain. The Fluval looks great though! try to snag a nanobox tide if you can from the forums, the light will make all the word of a difference. ill be following along to see what magic you create with this tank haha.

Yeah i'm trying to come across a mini tide but one with the gooseneck coming from either side not the middle so i can get more spread over the tank.

This guy is always trying to escape

cd10f966-cc1a-4079-9521-6100d999ffb3_zps

There is almost nothing left for them to clean

884809f2-d5b8-405d-b92c-fbebfd04704b_zps

Kimosobey

Did a water change. Everything looked stable, parameters are fine so I purchased my first saltwater fish!

Not sure how I feel about this little guy. Will post some pictures once he stops sulking hopefully!

Kimosobey

There's Movement!

So I've been eyeing this maroon at the LFS for some time and always preferred the colors over your average clownfish. So for $15 bucks he was coming home with me. Also love the fact he has orange that lines outside of his fins. He only hid for about 4 hours until turning into this overly excited clown. He goes wild when I walk by the tank, eating his pellets just fine.

Since my only stocking plans for fish are him and goby of some sort, I don't think it will be to much of a bio load with 30% water changes every week. Plus there's plans of a larger tank in the next few months B)

Introducing Hot Sauce ( I'm not one to name my fish but the girlfriend insisted )

47e33019-1b42-4fab-b933-14891ced4306_zps

IMG_1898_zps1llmys0l.jpg

IMG_1887_zpsrsnpz6ye.jpg

thecoralbeauty

Since my only stocking plans for fish are him and goby of some sort, I don't think it will be to much of a bio load

GET A GOBY/PISTOL SHRIMP PAIR! -so adorable.

great tank so far!

masterbuilder

great tank so far!

Would be great addition....but...with that Maroon it would be "hasta la vista" for the pair.

Kimosobey

Holy that looks amazing. Only thing I would do is move the temp probe to the back compartment.

Thanks. Yeah I definitely will do that! For some reason I always thought it would give inaccurate readings if I moved it to the back.

Would be great addition....but...with that Maroon it would be "hasta la vista" for the pair.

Hahaha yeah. Thats what i'm worried about. There's just to much mixed information out there on Maroons and tank mates. The worst that can happen is I purchase a goby, Clown either attacks it or doesn't and if he does then I can easily bring him back to the LFS.

great tank so far!

Thank you! Yeah I would totally go with pistol shrimp/goby pair, but hopefully the Maroon doesn't kill them! So next weekend i'll find out one way or another when I go pick up a goby.

Nice tank. With the temp probe moved and adjusting the wp10 cord in the lower left corner, it will be ultra clean.

Why does it feel like im watching a stanced car video? I LOVE IT. i want to see some corals in this!

Kimosobey

Why does it feel like im watching a stanced car video? I LOVE IT. i want to see some corals in this!

Hahaha I totally see what you're talking about :lol: I know right! It's just so little space to work with, I gotta make sure what goes in there is pleasing to look at everyday. Can't really hide a ugly coral in there haha

Nice tank. With the temp probe moved and adjusting the wp10 cord in the lower left corner, it will be ultra clean.

Thanks man! Done, I just need to remember to hide and clean everything before taking pictures.

Nice build. I would feed some pellets to the hermits, the tank is very clean.

Thank you. Yeah I definitely need too, they just pick on the snails all day now instead of cleaning.

New fish! Will post pictures tonight :D

So I need help! I can't decide where to buy my first batch of corals online. To many mixed reviews, obviously you get what you pay for in this hobby but is there any sites that are reliable and inexpensive?

All I want to order is some...

1. Zoas

2. Frogspawn

3. Ricordea

4. Pulsing Xenia

Any help?

New fish! Will post pictures tonight :D

So I need help! I can't decide where to buy my first batch of corals online. To many mixed reviews, obviously you get what you pay for in this hobby but is there any sites that are reliable and inexpensive?

All I want to order is some...

1. Zoas

2. Frogspawn

3. Ricordea

4. Pulsing Xenia

Any help?

just what I have heard from others as its not my personal experience I just listened but supposedly xenia is a bad shipper. May help make your mind up a little.

I had an amazing experience ordering from unique corals as well though.

Going with Unique Coral and hopefully picking up some pieces from the Legendary Coral's sale next this weekend.

Picked up a yellow watchman goby but it looks like its going to be a lot harder to get pictures of him than I thought.

Archived