Coral Vue Hydros

Android App with Custom White Balance?

cocojakes

I've spent the better part of today playing with my new Galaxy S6, and the camera is great, but one thing it is seriously missing is a custom white balance. Has anyone found an Android App that allows you to do custom white balance like I can do with my 10+ year old Canon DSLR? With my SLR I can take a picture of something white (I hold a white piece of plastic in the tank) and then use that as what should be "white" And the white balance fixes everything. The closest my phone camera can do is indoor vs outdoor lighting. One of the modes actually makes it MORE blue.

Another alternative would be some kind of digital barrier filter to remove all (or some) of the blue light reaching the sensor, and really show off the fluorescence. But I have yet to find any app that can do this either. Am I just not looking hard enough? Has anyone found an Android app that comes close to taking proper coloured photos of our tanks?

Steensj2004

I've found some macro lenses/ filters for cellphones online. I have serious doubts about how well they work, but I wish I could find a good review on them.....Interested in this too. I'd love to buy a nice camera but I can buy so many corals with 500.00 that these nice cameras people are using cost, lol!

Archived