Pod Your Reef

Didn't clean the tank up at all but wanted to try photos with a 35mm lens.

FTS

DirtyFTSNov.jpg

Right side

ZoaRock.jpg

Middle

Middle.jpg

Left side

left.jpg

Grafted Cap is really taking off

CapGrowth.jpg

New page carry over.

Wow, those pics are really nice. And the tank didn't look dirty to me, it looked great!

Thanks, I really like the 35mm lens for this tank. I've never loved how my other pics turned out- always some funky focus issues.

There some dirtyness in there! Algae growth and dirty glass! I'm ready for the Minnesota winter to start when there is nothing to do but stay inside and reef :)

• Like 2

Tank looks awesome! Mine looks like a turd compared to yours saddly :(

Good thing the frag swap is this weekend. What better way to add some fire to your tank!

Wait,thats a option...?! Damn lol. Those Zoa's are killer :D

Ha. It's an option and pretty slick. It continues to update the time of the post and likes gained.

Here's a better pic of the Zoa rock. It's up against Nano Problems - Booming growth and crowding

718966FD-E365-4813-BC13-D9B3D2828F2B.jpg

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FWIW, I think it looks great. Blends in just enough to look natural.

It sticks out now because it's white but I think it will look great later on!

As always love your tank! Its doing great!

Great. Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep it. The acro on it is really impressive. The base is deep blue with green flashes and the tips grow out a vibrant purple. It'll be a show piece if it makes it.

My struggle has always been keeping a clean and neat reef. I like the look of thoughtful scapes but the urge to buy corals is so strong. I have 4 pieces currently on the sand bed and two in the frag rack that I am giving to a friend. That'll clean things up a bit.

In other news - my clam is getting crowded out on the SPS rock... I think I am going to have to attempt to move it. Guessing I will have to cut the filaments which I am highly concerned about.

love the midas blenny in your FTS!

Thanks. I'm not sure I'll ever have a tank without out. So unique and full of character. It seriously acts like a puppy.

• Like 1

I think the rock looks great, how is it secured?

Thanks. It's a collection of rocks glued together and glued to a sealed magnet. I ordered the magnets from some place online. Pricey to get the right ones that won't rust and leak into the tank

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Double post from instagram but I'm away from my tank, my daughter woke up at 5am and feel like postin.

Set the auto feeder. Gone for 6 days. Fingers crossed

CCEF1BA8-60D1-49FA-BA44-F67B0955909A.jpg

Other randoms. Not sure if I've posted these or not. These are a couples months old so growth is about 1.5x on most corals

acan.jpg

PE.jpg

3CF4D57A-DFD4-492E-9D30-9F193967E435.jpg

EBBD3EF1-3E7E-494A-9DD7-AB1F86C1F602.jpg

95C721E7-506E-413F-A953-BE64305F7128.jpg

• Like 5

Looks incredible...

What do you keep your levels at? you have amazing PE from all your corals. Makes me jelly

Thanks!

Last time I tested - which was awhile ago -

P04 ~0.02

Nitrates ~ 10

Alk ~7

Ca ~4.3

Mg ~ 1350

I don't run a skimmer. I really think the PE (and color) comes from the organics allowed to stay in the water column. It's basically like dosing Amino Acids. Which works well with strict water changes. Dangerous if you let a couple changes slide

• Like 2

Thanks!

Last time I tested - which was awhile ago -

P04 ~0.02

Nitrates ~ 10

Alk ~7

Ca ~4.3

Mg ~ 1350

I don't run a skimmer. I really think the PE (and color) comes from the organics allowed to stay in the water column. It's basically like dosing Amino Acids. Which works well with strict water changes. Dangerous if you let a couple changes slide

I think in a nano environment you either a) don't run a skimmer or B) run it extremely dry.

• Like 2