SaltCritters.com

as a fellow fusion 20 owner, its really awesome to see the potential of this tank realized! a total inspiration!

Huge compliment. Thanks Liz! Good luck, hit me up if you need any support.

Red Planet is really starting to take off. Encrusted forever but now has 5 new sticks at about 1-2" each

FinalRedPlanetGrowth.jpg

Forest Fire has been growing nicely as well

FinalForsetFireGrowth.jpg

Some additional photos I didn't include in the TOTM write up

FinalSPSRock.jpg

Red Dragon Frag

FinalRedDragon.jpg

Tort Frag (Oregon? Cali? I dunno)

FinalTortFrag.jpg

Unknown Purple with green highlights Acro Frag

FinalUnknownAcro.jpg

Rarely photographed, tucked away Frogspawn

FinalFrogspawn.jpg

• Like 7

Congrats on TOTM!

I have been contemplating upgrading my 6-gallon office tank to something larger and taking down my tank at home. I just have never been happy with the larger tank, the 6-gallon is just a little too small, and I'm tired of maintaining two tanks. I think I am ready to pull the trigger on a Fusion 20 this month.

Any advice for a prospective new owner, or anything you would change from your current setup if you were starting over?

• Like 1

Congrats on TOTM!

I have been contemplating upgrading my 6-gallon office tank to something larger and taking down my tank at home. I just have never been happy with the larger tank, the 6-gallon is just a little too small, and I'm tired of maintaining two tanks. I think I am ready to pull the trigger on a Fusion 20 this month.

Any advice for a prospective new owner, or anything you would change from your current setup if you were starting over?

First things first... Go Badgers.

I really like the Fusion 20 and haven't heard from any others that they haven't been pleased with it.

The media baskets that come with them are junk. Trash those and get the intank baskets for it. Aside from that it all really depends on what you plan to stock. The return pump and lights could be just fine for some softies and a couple LPS but if you want more demanding LPS or SPS you'll want to think about upgrading the return and light.

I'm not sure I would change anything if I had to do it over. I've added all my equipment/tank upgrades slowly over time and did a lot of research prior- so no impulse equipment purchases.

I do still go back and forth on a skimmer. My parameters and nutrients are always really steady so I have no reason to really use one but in the back of my head I am always pretty surprised.

I have been spending more time doing water changes from the back chambers to siphon out all the nasty that accumulates back there. Its pretty insane. With a new tank, I doubt you will see this for several months but if you forget about it, it could definitely sneak up on you and be a problem.

Good luck. Hit me up if you have any questions.

• Like 2

That sounds awesome! The Fusion will be my fifth reef tank, but the others have just been just LPS and softies. I want to take the next step towards SPS and maybe a clam down the road. I already have a ton of equipment that will get moved to this tank including an Apex and a DIY full spectrum light from LED Group Buy. I am also planning to buy a PLS-50 Elite skimmer for this tank. I have had tanks with and without skimmers, but I just like the piece of mind in having one. I have never fully committed myself to monitoring water conditions and dosing, but there are new BRS dosers still in their boxes that will be getting used on the next tank.

Thanks again for the detailed response - and Go Badgers!

• Like 1

That sounds awesome! The Fusion will be my fifth reef tank, but the others have just been just LPS and softies. I want to take the next step towards SPS and maybe a clam down the road. I already have a ton of equipment that will get moved to this tank including an Apex and a DIY full spectrum light from LED Group Buy. I am also planning to buy a PLS-50 Elite skimmer for this tank. I have had tanks with and without skimmers, but I just like the piece of mind in having one. I have never fully committed myself to monitoring water conditions and dosing, but there are new BRS dosers still in their boxes that will be getting used on the next tank.

Thanks again for the detailed response - and Go Badgers!

Sounds like you're really well set up. I'm jealous. Looking forward to seeing it come to life

I told my wife I have too much money invested in this hobby to quit, so obviously the only logical thing to do is spend more money on another tank. ;)

Ordering my tank from BRS this morning, so hopefully I will have it tomorrow.

• Like 4

Frag rack has life on it. Tort, JoL Lepto. Zoas

Fragrack.jpg

I think this is an Aqua Delight Acro. Encrusting well

AquaDelight.jpg

As a side project I am trying to graft (infect) two digi's - A Purple and an Orange. They are working their way around each other but I don't see any color blend yet.

Best I can do with a pic. Its a tough angle with the light over head.

Infect.jpg

• Like 5

That's really cool, thanks for sharing. I don't have the new quiet drive MP10 so no wireless for me. Maybe I can upgrade the controller.

I love wireless! It's pricey but really convienent

I love wireless! It's pricey but really convienent

It's great to set a schedule for different settings.Beyond the convenience it helps to clear dead spots. It might be an upgrade I make in the future.

Love the setup. That SPS rock is amazing! How much mL of each supplement do you dose daily?

Thanks.

I believe I'm at -RedSea B is 12ml/day and RedSea A is 5. Red Sea C is dosed rarely. I'll double check but I'm pretty sure that's it.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't clean the tank up at all but wanted to try photos with a 35mm lens.

FTS

DirtyFTSNov.jpg

Right side

ZoaRock.jpg

Middle

Middle.jpg

Left side

left.jpg

Grafted Cap is really taking off

CapGrowth.jpg

• Like 8