Coral Vue Hydros

#winning every sense of the phrase :happydance: !!! That single rock is awesomeeeeeee :S

You went balls deep with this one huh lol ?!

Very cool rock

Thanks. Dims are 24x15x13. I always thought balls deep was closer to 20"+ :P

ALl the corals from the pico have been moved over. Everything looks to be settling in well.

Frags looked the right size in 4 gallons. Now.... They look tiny.

Doctor perscribes more corals.

Nice looking tank. Are you gonna cover that rock with sps?

Yeaaaaaa buddy. The left one will be full of SPS. Plenty of room to grow out and up.

Waiting to get a WP-10 to have enough flow over it. Once I get it, I'll start filling the rock up

FlamingPrawn

Had to start following! :) can't wait till my light shows up. I use two spin streams currently. It's been good so far. Not loud at all. I take mine apart every couple months and soak in vinegar.

• Like 1

Had to start following! :) can't wait till my light shows up. I use two spin streams currently. It's been good so far. Not loud at all. I take mine apart every couple months and soak in vinegar.

Pumped for that light to arrive. Great color and gave me decent growth in a small tank. Good luck.

Man.... Ticking me off that my spin stream is making noise. It's seriously right out of the box. Maybe I'll give IM a call tomorrow. Other than the noise, it's great.

Heading over to your thread now.

FlamingPrawn

Pumped for that light to arrive. Great color and gave me decent growth in a small tank. Good luck.

Man.... Ticking me off that my spin stream is making noise. It's seriously right out of the box. Maybe I'll give IM a call tomorrow. Other than the noise, it's great.

Heading over to your thread now.

As long as it's spinning it should be good? Idk, I run an AI Prime, 2X Spin Streams, Desktop Reactor, Ghost Skimmer, Sicce 1.5. So maybe the sound they make is drowned out. I haven't updated mine in a couple weeks :unsure: . Need to get back up to updating

As long as it's spinning it should be good? Idk, I run an AI Prime, 2X Spin Streams, Desktop Reactor, Ghost Skimmer, Sicce 1.5. So maybe the sound they make is drowned out. I haven't updated mine in a couple weeks :unsure: . Need to get back up to updating

It's pretty loud lol. I'm SURE they aren't supposed to sound like this.

Are you going to put a circulation pump in your 20?

I'm debating.

FlamingPrawn

It's pretty loud lol. I'm SURE they aren't supposed to sound like this.

Are you going to put a circulation pump in your 20?

I'm debating.

As of right now...no. I don't have a need to with the Sicce. It's pushing enough flow right now my Acro is happy which means there has to be enough flow right? ;). So as long as the acro is happy, and everything else looks good. I have enough flow in my mind. I think A LOT of people overthink how much flow they need. I had an mp10 on my 6 gallon and my birds nest polyp bailed on me within a day :(

• Like 1

As of right now...no. I don't have a need to with the Sicce. It's pushing enough flow right now my Acro is happy which means there has to be enough flow right? ;). So as long as the acro is happy, and everything else looks good. I have enough flow in my mind. I think A LOT of people overthink how much flow they need. I had an mp10 on my 6 gallon and my birds nest polyp bailed on me within a day :(

I'm convinced. I'm going with the Sicce 2.0 (500gph+) and two spinstreams. Here's to hoping the next one isn't as loud.

Sk8tnreefer got awesome results via a good pump and spinstreams. Tough to argue with that.

Really pumped for this guy. He's been in the tank for about 5 days now. Very scared at first but now he can't stop moving.

DSC_0670.jpg

DSC_0671.jpg

Also... just like in board games... if you aint cheatin you aint tryin.

DSC_0675.jpg

• Like 4

Tank is looking sick man. Pictures are so crisp and clear.

Some monti's on the lower part of that big rock would be awesome though.

• Like 1

Tank is looking sick man. Pictures are so crisp and clear.

Some monti's on the lower part of that big rock would be awesome though.

Read my mind. I'm thinking a sunburst or purple cap mid way up on the left rock. There are a couple spots with plenty of room to plate out.

The tank has been set up for about 2 weeks now. All the livestock I moved over is looking great but I am still hesitant to run out an add sps. I'd like to give it another week just to make sure everything is stable. Also hoping to have the flow right over the big rock before more sps comes in.

I've been thinking about fish to add. My wife really likes black snowflake clowns. Definitely getting one, might get a matted pair. Also thinking about a Midas Blenny, Six Line or a Black Cap Basslet.

• 2 weeks later...

I had duel spin streams with a maxi jet 1200, loud, they quiet down a bit after a bit, but you can open it to see if it needs to be cleaned. In the end I took them out and just went with a mp10, now that I have 4 anemones, I'm going to add a second mp20 and run them both very low with my apex controller. With the apex you can specify under 10%. keep an eye out for detrius buildup in the sump area esp under the chambers. With my 4 ns I also now run duel skimmer, and converted a phosban 150 into a fuge.

• 3 weeks later...

I had an extra CC Par38 so I added it to shine over the SPS rock. I'll only run it for about 5hrs/day but I think it'll help ensure light hits the corals from all angles.

DSC_0858.jpg

• Like 4