SaltCritters.com

My grafted cap is doing the same

Colors are pale and edges rough since was stung to hell but making a comeback

6266E0E5-8B0A-4266-8A9F-FA12F416C271_zps

Yours is looking good. I like the green more mixed in like yours has. Mine looks like two monti's glued together.

They are pretty resilient. Mine has been to crap brown and back. I'm really happy with the colors now.

Pumped to see that Phoenix in your tank. I'm out of room... that RedSea 350 is calling my name.

• Like 2
myarmolich

Whats your dosing schedule like on this tank? Trying to decide if 2 part of Kalkwasser in my ATO is the correct answer for my SPS

Whats your dosing schedule like on this tank? Trying to decide if 2 part of Kalkwasser in my ATO is the correct answer for my SPS

Hey. I use Red Sea A, B and C for dosing. Right now I'm at 8ml B (Alk) and 4ml A (Ca) with C (mg) as needed. I have it running through a BubbleMagus doser. I've always used the Red Sea products and been pretty happy. Its tough to explore other options when things are growing well.

I've heard great things about 2 part though. Seems to be the majority's choice. Adding via the ATO just requires some additional understanding of evap and alk correlation. Introduce it slow and test, test, test for the first couple weeks. Get to know the product and how it impacts the tank. Good luck!

This ORA Psamacora is an encrusting machine. It's growing into spaces with no direct light on the under sides of ledges. The growth with no light is just a green as growth with direct light.

DSC_0150.jpg

• Like 1

My Jawbreaker Mush looks to be adding a color - a deep purple. Brutal cell phone pics but its all I have time for now.

20160721_204249.jpg

20160721_204224.jpg

Also did a slight rescape to clean up the sand bed. Hoping to maintain a Bommiesk look.

20160721_203848.jpg

• Like 5
Elizabeth94

I love your scape. Its the exact way I was hoping to scape my 20! But yours looks really nice, I probably can't get mine looking like that.

Jawbreaker is cool, I can certainly see some sort of purple color from your pics

• Like 1

Hey man! im considering setting one of these up or something similar for my girlfriend, mainly gonna be RFA's and other nems as thats her favorite.

What are you doing for filtration and skimming and such? Basically what do you have in your back compartments lol

• Like 1

Hey man! im considering setting one of these up or something similar for my girlfriend, mainly gonna be RFA's and other nems as thats her favorite.

What are you doing for filtration and skimming and such? Basically what do you have in your back compartments lol

I've always thought a nem tank this size would be great. Look forward to seeing it.

I run GFO and Rox (carbon) through a reactor. I'll switch between the two every month or so. Other than that- filter floss and weekly 15% water changes. No skimmer. I vaccum the sand bed monthly as well.

For along time I was doing 15% water changes twice a week but saw no real gains. No explosion of growth and colors were average. As I let nutrients build slightly and controlled, I've been much happier with the tank.

I've always thought a nem tank this size would be great. Look forward to seeing it.

I run GFO and Rox (carbon) through a reactor. I'll switch between the two every month or so. Other than that- filter floss and weekly 15% water changes. No skimmer. I vaccum the sand bed monthly as well.

For along time I was doing 15% water changes twice a week but saw no real gains. No explosion of growth and colors were average. As I let nutrients build slightly and controlled, I've been much happier with the tank.

Its still a ways down the road before i have another tank, and at this point its between one of the IM tanks and red sea tanks. I think the reefer 170 or reefer nano might win out if i can cough up the coin. That or the Red Sea Max E-170 since it is plug and play and will not be used for sps or anything overly difficult. Yours is looking amazing by the way, keep up the good work!

Its still a ways down the road before i have another tank, and at this point its between one of the IM tanks and red sea tanks. I think the reefer 170 or reefer nano might win out if i can cough up the coin. That or the Red Sea Max E-170 since it is plug and play and will not be used for sps or anything overly difficult. Yours is looking amazing by the way, keep up the good work!

Tough to argue the Red Sea series. Those guys are doing it right :)

Thanks for the kind words!

Been a while since I checked in and things are looking great! I actually miss my 20 and remember going through your thread when setting mine up. Loved that rock and can hardly notice it now its covered.

Elizabeth94

But yours looks really nice, I probably can get mine looking like that.

That was supposed to read that I probably CANT get mine looking like that.. Lol...

Truly love your scape.

Been a while since I checked in and things are looking great! I actually miss my 20 and remember going through your thread when setting mine up. Loved that rock and can hardly notice it now its covered.

You were one of the early ones if not the first! I love the 20 but the temptation to upgrade is always so strong

That was supposed to read that I probably CANT get mine looking like that.. Lol...

Truly love your scape.

Ha! I think you can totally get it to look how ever you want! Hardest part is sticking to the plan. I really like what you've done so far. That blue background is going to look really nice.

This Acan started out a vibrant green with blue streaks. It's morphed into a rainbow pattern and pops out babies every other week. The LFS called it an "Elfs Blood" Acan. It's been a fun coral to watch settle in

E6882177-3D9C-4936-9D46-01B45D0E0A40.jpg

In other news. This guy is like a puppy. So much character.

DSC_0212.jpg

• Like 4

Wow that looks great!

How are you liking the new light? I just got in a pair of Ai PrimeHDs and really like them so far.

Thanks Travis.

I saw you picked those up. I'm anxious to see what they do for you- heard great things so far. I'll be following along.

I like the Radion. It kicked life into a gear I couldn't get with my Kessil. I really have no complaints- other than its a bit pricey.

Are you dosing anything yet?

Oh yes. I'm using the Red Sea Foundation supplements. I use up about 1.5-2.0dkh/day. I hit a notable growth spurt in the last 2 weeks and had to up my dosage. Heavy SPS in a small tank uses it up fast.

I have a Bubble Magus doser pumping alk, ca and my ato. Mg I will dose occasionally if I go a bit longer without a water change. This may change if I see Mg consumption going up soon.

That acan is cray cray. Never really got into acans and blastos but I think I have a few places they might fit perfectly :).

It is cray. It's my first and only Acan. I'm a sucker at the LFS and guilty of buying corals before I think through space. Luckily Acans do well on cliff ledges and various degrees of light. Get one!!

• Like 2

It is cray. It's my first and only Acan. I'm a sucker at the LFS and guilty of buying corals before I think through space. Luckily Acans do well on cliff ledges and various degrees of light. Get one!!

I'm exactly the same way, I feel guilty if I go to the LFS and walk out empty handed. I have a few lower light, medium flow overhang areas of the tank I think acans will be great in. Might got for a drive to the LFS this weekend, weather is supposed to be pretty junk, perfect for a drive lol.

• Like 3