Cultivated Reef

Looks like a chiton. Good guy!

Double Gold star to you! Looked it up and that's exactly what it was. Good news- it loves low amonia and nearly zero nitrates, nitrites. Soooo my parameters must still be good. Bad news- I popped him out when I first saw him. He looked like a bad guy. Bummer. After reading up, they are really cool critters.

Upppppppdates ?!

I'll post an update today. I have some small things to move around and gotta scrape some algea off the back glass. :)

Looking through my phone I found a video from about a year ago. Took it while surfing in Tamarindo, Costa Rica. Makes me miss the ocean. Amazing how you can sit on the beach doing nothing but remain totally content.

Watching this reminded me that I brought back the large white shell in the video. Took it outta the suitcase and boiled it. I'm nostalgic- adding it to the sand bed.

My father in law also volunteers as a diver to clean the Tennessee aquarium. He picks up the Tiger Shark teeth as they shed. I'm boiling a couple of those to add to the sand bed/rocks as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Havent been active on the forums - 8 week old babies will do that, but I have been active in my tank.

Added several SPS pieces.

Green Slimmer

Oregon Tort (x2)

Pink Birdsnest

Green Birdsnest

SPS Rock

tamk%20001.jpg

FTS for June. (Still figuring out how to photograph a tank)

tamk%20002.jpg

• Like 4

Couple more photos

(Fill in the blank) Tort

taqnk%20006.jpg

Tiny (Fill in the blank) Tort

taqnk%20004.jpg

Spongodes

taqnk%20003.jpg

Tiger Shark Tooth Frag. Hope it becomes a colony

taqnk%20001.jpg

Pink Birdsnest

taqnk%20003_1.jpg

ORA Kelly Green Psammacora

taqnk%20004_1.jpg

Trying to get this Short Tentacle Goni to open up. I've moved it to higher light, higher flow....

taqnk%20002_1.jpg

taqnk%20001_1.jpg

• Like 5

I use a cell too. Turn blue down, turn white up some, and no flash. I'm using a Samsung3

Same phone as me. I'll give it a shot. I'm trying to use my DSLR more but it such a pain to upload.

Thanks for the advice

Same phone as me. I'll give it a shot. I'm trying to use my DSLR more but it such a pain to upload.

Thanks for the advice

Ha. I just lost my DSLR and never could get it right but it was from 2007 and it couldn't measure the white balance even. I don't do anything with white balance on the Samsung. Sometimes I only change the Exposure Value to -1 or -2.

Ha. I just lost my DSLR and never could get it right but it was from 2007 and it couldn't measure the white balance even. I don't do anything with white balance on the Samsung. Sometimes I only change the Exposure Value to -1 or -2.

Awe sucks you lost it! We got a new one to photograph our baby girl. My wife laughs because it's getting used as much as a "piece of tank equipment" as it is to capture little Caroline.

The Samsungs take nice pics. Better than the iPhone imo.

Your pics always rock btw. I always find myself in your threads

Oh congrats on your little one! Thanks. I'm still trying to get better also. The rock flowers in the 60g have the Maxpect and I can't make pics look the same as my 34g w/ the Kessil.

• Like 1

Oh congrats on your little one! Thanks. I'm still trying to get better also. The rock flowers in the 60g have the Maxpect and I can't make pics look the same as my 34g w/ the Kessil.

Thanks. Shes amazing. Love the Kessil. I'll have to read through your thread in more detail to see what you have with the RFA's. I've been debating a maxi, BTA or RFA. So many options. Only 20 tiny gallons

Love the look of the kessil over the fusion 20. Im new here to the forum hailing from Sydney, Australia. Ive got the same setup with tank and led combo. Nice to see a handful of hobbyist using this tank.. Not many people from oz run these tanks.. So I migrated over to nano-reef to check ya fellas out. :D

• Like 2

Love the look of the kessil over the fusion 20. Im new here to the forum hailing from Sydney, Australia. Ive got the same setup with tank and led combo. Nice to see a handful of hobbyist using this tank.. Not many people from oz run these tanks.. So I migrated over to nano-reef to check ya fellas out. :D

Aussie Aussie aussie oi oi oi!

Welcome to Nano-Reef. There's a fair amount of people on this forum reefing with the Fusion 20. Awesome tanks with tons of room to upgrade

Make a build thread, would love to check your setup out.

• Like 1
Nanofreak79

Thanks for the advice

I don't use my dslr much, mostly because I only have av50mm lens. Lightroom makes transferring pics to Flickr for example a breeze, plus you can mess with your photos either in Lightroom or Flickr.

Loving all the sticks.?this is gonna look great once filled in!

• Like 1

Loving all the sticks.?this is gonna look great once filled in!

Thanks. I hoping it looks nice when the sticks fill out. I'm focused on growth now. Once things show some beefy progress, I'll shift to focusing on vibrant colors.

Heading over to BRS tomorrow to pick up a Sicce 1.5 and an Ehiem Auto Feeder.

Aussie Aussie aussie oi oi oi!

Welcome to Nano-Reef. There's a fair amount of people on this forum reefing with the Fusion 20. Awesome tanks with tons of room to upgrade

Make a build thread, would love to check your setup out.

HAHA! yeah thats it, oi oi

cheers buddy, been on here for a couple days and everyone seems so down to earth and friendly which is a bonus.

Ive made one the other day when I joined up.. nothing spectacular but this should be the link to my journal

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/362500-jimmydangs-fusion-20/?p=5057419

reefernanoman

Couple more photos

(Fill in the blank) Tort

taqnk%20006.jpg

Tiny (Fill in the blank) Tort

taqnk%20004.jpg

Spongodes

taqnk%20003.jpg

Tiger Shark Tooth Frag. Hope it becomes a colony

taqnk%20001.jpg

Pink Birdsnest

taqnk%20003_1.jpg

ORA Kelly Green Psammacora

taqnk%20004_1.jpg

Trying to get this Short Tentacle Goni to open up. I've moved it to higher light, higher flow....

taqnk%20002_1.jpg

taqnk%20001_1.jpg

Looking good!

• Like 1

BRS is about 10 mins from my house.

They have two awesome tanks there. One a Fusion 20gallon and the other shown below.

Not sure the exact specs of the tank but I would guess its close to 125 gallons.

Its an amazing species specific tank. FULL of huge bubble tips and large black clowns. I would bet there are 40 large clowns in there. It looks like a cow pasture. Very awesome.

20150625_162658.jpg

20150625_162646.jpg

20150625_162638.jpg

20150625_162650.jpg

• Like 2

Do you have a media tray or is your chaeto just sitting in the chamber?

Hey there. Yes and yes. Left side I have an intank media basket. Right side I have the chaeto resting in the chamber. Works well.

Does BRS allow you to just walk over to pick up your order? :P

I love their video of the construction and setup of the clown tank. Such a cool idea.

• Like 1

Does BRS allow you to just walk over to pick up your order? :P

I love their video of the construction and setup of the clown tank. Such a cool idea.

They do. I order online and then head in the next day to pick it up. Yesterday Ryan from BRS tv- also one of the owners- was there.

That's so cool!

I love your tank btw! Such a great build!

Thanks for the kind words! I've been reallt happy with the tank. Now that its 80% stocked Im excited to watching things fill out.

Thanks for stopping by