Pod Your Reef

Brandy's JBJ 45 RL Thread

Jdc88

yea, I agree those JBJ stands are scary.. I returned mine when it broke upon assembling. Yikes! I wound up with the Coralife stand (it's about a half inch bigger on the sides, which is OK with me)

Sides are installed

Final product. Beautiful

Set the tank on the stand

Sand, water and salt

Lights (maxspect razor), 100w eheim heater and vortech mp10 propeller pump

post-75524-0-32857500-1430007798_thumb.jpg

post-75524-0-94474700-1430007853_thumb.jpg

post-75524-0-29923000-1430007907_thumb.jpg

post-75524-0-48247100-1430007961_thumb.jpg

post-75524-0-68225200-1430008007_thumb.jpg

Thanks, and the stand only cost $85 to build and is way more sturdier than the $299 black MDF stand that jbj made for this tank. Saved money to get a good light.

Wow! that's great! It pays to be handy. When I upgrade to a 40 gallon cube. ( I don't even have my 16 up and I'm already planning an upgrade :) ) I want a stand similar to this! I will see if some of my local forum buddies can build me one! :)

Steensj2004

Sides are installed

Final product. Beautiful

Set the tank on the stand

Sand, water and salt

Lights (maxspect razor), 100w eheim heater and vortech mp10 propeller pump

Looks like you undersold your husband's carpentry skills :lol: , stand came out GREAT! Love the tank! Looks great in white with that tile! Does the stand open up?

Looks like you undersold your husband's carpentry skills :lol: , stand came out GREAT! Love the tank! Looks great in white with that tile! Does the stand open up?

Yes. But now I know what he can do. Lol Yes the stand opens up. He is going to build shelves.

Just purchased this same tank. Will be setting up this weekend

I will be following you then.

Looks very nice! Can't wait to see your aquascape. :D

That's going to be a challenge for me. I could use some advise. Rock should be in in a few hours.

Lovely work on the stand. I wish I had done that instead if using the pressed cardboard stand that came with my JBJ 30

Thank you, I love it

After hours of pre-scaping the rocks on a towel on the table, i set them in the tank and just couldn't get them to come out like they were on the table :angry: . But this is what i came out with can't wait to get some corals. Also bought me a little fishy today.

post-75524-0-56812400-1430369057_thumb.jpg

post-75524-0-74297800-1430369476_thumb.jpg

After hours of pre-scaping the rocks on a towel on the table, i set them in the tank and just couldn't get them to come out like they were on the table :angry: . But this is what i came out with can't wait to get some corals. Also bought me a little fishy today.

Lol, it almost always works out that way. And the scape looks great. I may be missing something, but are you doing a fish-in cycle?

Lol, it almost always works out that way. And the scape looks great. I may be missing something, but are you doing a fish-in cycle?

Thank you. I'm doing the bacteria in a bottle cycle. I'm testing for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. It claims that it keep them real low if any at all. If i think that the reading's get to a harmful level then i will bring my fish to my mother's established aquarium. Here is the video about the Dr. tim's one and only.

People may be against it, but ill keep snowflake safe. I promise. :)

Thank you. I'm doing the bacteria in a bottle cycle. I'm testing for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. It claims that it keep them real low if any at all. If i think that the reading's get to a harmful level then i will bring my fish to my mother's established aquarium. Here is the video about the Dr. tim's one and only.

People may be against it, but ill keep snowflake safe. I promise. :)

Oh, okay, gotcha. Tank is coming along nicely. Gorgeous clown. :)

I did a fish-in cycle, and as long as you stay on top of your tests, especially ammonia and nitrite, you should be fine. Just remember to detox with prime if you run into any issues.

Beautiful fish and nice scape. Keep it up!

I did a fish-in cycle, and as long as you stay on top of your tests, especially ammonia and nitrite, you should be fine. Just remember to detox with prime if you run into any issues.

Beautiful fish and nice scape. Keep it up!

Thanks. I took your advise and bought some prime yesterday. As of now, all results are low

Am .25

Ni .25

Na 0

Archived