SaltCritters.com

First Saltwater Tank

sassymare

Hello,

I have been looking for a community where I can ask questions or read about other peoples experiences with nano reef aquariums. This is my first expedition into saltwater aquariums and I am a little nervous about the outcome. I have just a standard 10g tank to start with.

I plan on taking it slow and steady. I love christmas tree worms, bat wing slugs, nudibranchs. I would love to get a lot of color if possible. Thoughts/opinions/comments are helpful and any advice on what to buy next would be much appreciated.

Cencalfishguy56

Hello,

I have been looking for a community where I can ask questions or read about other peoples experiences with nano reef aquariums. This is my first expedition into saltwater aquariums and I am a little nervous about the outcome. I have just a standard 10g tank to start with.

I plan on taking it slow and steady. I love christmas tree worms, bat wing slugs, nudibranchs. I would love to get a lot of color if possible. Thoughts/opinions/comments are helpful and any advice on what to buy next would be much appreciated.

Welcome to NR! First off taking it slowly and reading are key! I started with a ten basic equipment, overstocked it too fast, dealt with algae outbreaks and diseases and had to upgrade equipment and what not, all I can say is read ask questions and do it right the first time! I've spent so much money it's ridiculous, this hobby is like crack lol also if you are looking for a specific item look on the classifieds here first man members have great deals

Many*

fishfreak0114

Welcome to Nano Reef!?. Just take your time and keep reading. I'm a newb too, but I've found since starting my tank a couple months back, that patience is key and if you have algae issues, keep up on water changes. Best of luck and hopefully people with a bit more experience then me can continue to help you.

+1 Read, read and rad some more. There is lots of useful information here. The one thing to keep in mind is that you will find differeing opinions, and that is fine. Different approaches can all be successful. If one approach does not work for you take a different one. IMO you need to be prepared to change. But as already stated, take it slow. Reef tanks are complex systems and you need to give them time to show their true potential. My latest tank has been up for 11 months at this point and is only now beginning to show well.

Happy Reefing!

Archived