Pod Your Reef

A Danish pico

Anden

I got a mitrax to help fight off the alge in this tank, and 5 new frag's (homemade) i got a new zoa and 2 montiporas and 2 more birdnest corals.

image.jpg1_zpskvphylma.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsjtdv1mq0.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsm5rd0lv4.jpg

image.jpg2_zps6jkvw5eo.jpg

After all that work zzzz ZZZZZzz zzzz image.jpg30_zpsmwpqyxu9.jpg

• Like 3

image_zpsmpnsjc6q.jpg

Room to grow?

I just got an iq5 (i wanted to try the light) and now i dont know if i should put my iq3 in the iq5 or just start the iq5 i have extra live rock that i have sitting in my 32 gallon reef so do i start a new reef or move the iq3 in the iq5?

image.jpg39_zpstig4owkt.jpg the extra rock(it can Open)

image_zpsi3bemyli.jpg

Oh what to do i have 7 reef tanks (and one rock tank outside) and my wife just says "let me know if you need me to make room for another tank oh and btw you little girl asked if she can have a seahorse?"

• Like 3

Looks like it had a large jewelbox clam in the middle of the rock. I used to have one like that until the hinge ligament finally disintegrated. (many years after the clam had been dead.)

• Like 1

Yes it is a dead clam on/in a liverock i got it from my local coral pusher and i only got it cus i wanted to use it in a pico but it is to big to fit in a iq3 so an iq5 is perfekt for the clam-rock.

And thanks for the intrest.

Memo to me: goggle jewelbox clam.

I have a 2 iq3 2 gallons and one aqua medic yasha 9 gallon and one fluval edge 12 gallon(new seahorse tank) and one 42 gallon glass reef for molly and hitchikkers only and my 32 gallon loaded mixed reef fully packed 5t, Kessil160we, maxspect celestial 35f coral grow out tank and one Aquatic Nature Cocoon 11 gallons (rock crab and pumping xenia).

Oh yes i allso have a 34 gallon system for curing used or dead live rock but it is outside.

And today im starting number 7 or 8 if you think the rock tank is number 7 im starting the iq5 as nr 8 "the clamrock tank".

But the only tank im showing of is the pico the rest is "just" support for the pico iq3 tank so i have a place to put or take frag's from when i buy new or i need to and to house wierd fish like my toadfish or my pest (mojano and aiptasia)eating filefish.

All my tanks are run in deferent ways like only the hitchikker and rock tank as skimmere the rest no skimmer and most have deep sand or to alot of live rock.

Man that's a lot of tanks!

It would be pretty darn cool to plumb them together with 1 common sump lol.

Yes, but then you risk contamination issues between all systems and livestock.

• Like 1

I lied i did not stop adding corals, i had 6 montipora and no acropora so yesterday when i got new frag's i had 2 small frag's leftover and i dont know how but this morning i found them in my pico so now my 6-0 ratio is "up" to 7-1 monti-acro ratio.

One Appleberry and one neon Staghorn.

image.jpg11_zpshfmcvlu6.jpg

image.jpg10_zpsokimn3qi.jpg

image.jpg8_zpsd5i4dnb1.jpg

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

The mitrax crap removede all alge but now the tank looks to fake and i liked the alge.

I removede the acropora out of the tank (did not like it).

5 color rainbow zoa moved a little to the left.

image.jpg5_zpsm3eatdde.jpg

image.jpg6_zpsxowohl3s.jpg

image.jpg7_zpshqrsacpm.jpg

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

No updates cus im sad, i lost a T.Maxima to a snail and ppl tell me it cant be the snail but i saw it happening and now i have to move all my nassarius snails out from 5 of my 8 tanks cus all of them May be killer snails. Im so confused.