Top Shelf Aquatics

Happy 14th Birthday Nano-Reef.com!

Christopher Marks

Christopher Marks

I'd like to wish the Nano-Reef.com Community a happy 14th birthday!

Today on our 14th anniversary, our community stands strong with 75,606 members. Our collective database of knowledge continues to grow larger with over 4.9 million posts to date, and we will surpass 5 million posts later this year! Our community continues to flourish thanks to all the contributions of our incredible members, I'm so happy that so many of you call Nano-Reef.com your home! Cheers to another great year!

To celebrate, share one of your favorite Nano-Reef.com memories from the past fourteen years. As always, here's a look back at our last 13 birthdays:

Watch out world, Nano-Reef.com is a teenager! Happy 13th birthday everyone! Where did the time go?

Today our community reaches another milestone, thirteen years as the #1 source for nano reef aquarium information! Together we share this amazing hobby with the world and empower thousands of people worldwide to keep their very own window into the ocean. Over the past year we have grown 72,556 members strong with over 4.6 million posts on our forum. Every day we help bring new hobbyists into the fold and steer them towards success!

I want to personally thank each and every one of you for your contributions, your advice, photographs, guidance, humor and wit. Whether you're new to the community or have been with us since the beginning, you're the ones who make Nano-Reef.com such a great place! I am continually amazed by the generosity of fellow hobbyists and I'm so happy to see so many great friendships formed, no matter the geographical bounds. I'm honored to be a part of such a great community!

It's going to be another great year, I can't wait to see what's in store!

As is tradition, here's a look back at our past anniversaries. Share your own favorite Nano-Reef.com memories with everyone the comments below!

Happy 12th Birthday Nano-Reef.com! Our great community continues to grow strong with 68,397 members and over 4.2 million posts on our forum. The community has seen a lot of change in the past year with our brand new website was rolled out on December 23rd. Many thanks for everyone's support and patience during the transition and continued work to further develop the site. Our new community site is paving the way for our future, Nano-Reef.com continues to be a leader in innovative website design.

With great sadness, this past year we lost a dear friend to the community, Jeremai. He contributed so much to the community with his guidance, articles, wit, and wisdom. His work and contributions will live on, Jeremai's articles and hobbyist guides will be republished over the coming year on Nano-Reef.com.

You're the ones who make Nano-Reef.com all that it is today, thank you all for what you bring the community! We've grown into an amazing and quirky family over all these years, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Lets continue to grow together, welcome new hobbyists into our community, and always learn from each other.

Have a fun memory from your time on Nano-Reef.com? Share it with us all below.

Cheers to another year! Once again, here's a look back at our past birthdays:

Happy 11th Birthday Nano-Reef.com! It's been another great year for our community, the nano reef keeping hobby is stronger than ever. This past year we've grown to 63,043 members and are nearing nearly 4 million posts on our forum.

I've said it every year and it still holds true, Nano-Reef.com is the sum of all of its community members, you're the ones who make this such a fun and exciting place to spend time with our fellow hobbyists. Thank you to everyone who has contributed and volunteered to this community over the past eleven years, all of your advice, photographs, experiences, and comments provide so much help and inspiration to others. You're the best!

Share a little memory about something interesting, inspiring, or fun you've experienced on Nano-Reef.com.

As always, here's a look back at our past birthdays:

Ten years ago today I launched my very first website, Nano-Reef.com, a humble informational website hoping to share some insight into keeping small reef aquariums. I never dreamed it would have come so far, and I'm deeply honored to have met so many wonderful people in building this great community together.

I've witnessed nano reef keeping transform from a small group of hobbyists 'crazy' enough to attempt to keep 5 gallon reef aquariums, to a vibrant community of knowledge and experience 56,620 members strong, backed by the entire aquarium industry.

We're a community based around innovation, and that's never been more true than today. Hobbyists continue to pioneer new methodology and push technology in our equipment. Recent innovations in LED lighting found their first applications in nano reef keeping, providing all new opportunities for hobbyists. Lets continue to carry that momentum forward!

This awesome community is truly the sum of its parts, and I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed to the site over these past 10 years. I appreciate all the support and time given to help out our fellow hobbyists and push this hobby forward. Here's to another 10 great years!

But what's a birthday without presents? Submit your entry into our birthday gift giveaway.

And as always, a look back at our past anniversaries:

Happy 9th Anniversary Nano-Reef.com! We had another great year, our niche in the hobby continues to see tremendous growth. The nano reef concept has reached more people than ever before as the hobby and industry alike have embraced it. Our community has reached 49,916 members and we're nearing our 3 millionth post. As always, thank you to all of our dedicated members, contributors, and volunteers, you're the heart of this community!

Don't forget to submit your entry to our Birthday Prize Giveaway!

Here's a look back at our past 8 years:

Happy 8th Anniversary Nano-Reef.com! Hard to believe it's already been eight years since the launch of Nano-Reef.com, isn't it? Over the past year the community has grown 41,900 members strong, and the forum saw its two millionth post. Thank you to all of our dedicated fans, contributors, and volunteers for helping make Nano-Reef.com the awesome site it is today! You are the soul of this site!

I hope you like our new site design! (Hold Shift and click the "Refresh" button on your browser if you're having trouble viewing it.) Don't forget to enter in our Birthday Prize Giveaway!

As is tradition, here's a look at our past seven anniversaries:

Happy birthday to us! Today marks Nano-Reef.com's 7th Anniversary! It's been a busy past year, and the community continues to grow faster than ever, with 34,182 members now signed up.

I wanted to take a moment to thank all of our awesome members that have made Nano-Reef.com the great site it is today! Needless to say the community wouldn't be anything without the contributions and support from our dedicated members and moderators. Thanks for seven amazing years!

Here's a look back at our past 6 anniversaries:

P.S. Check out our Birthday Prize Giveaway!

I can't believe it's been 6 years since I started Nano-Reef.com! You know what they say though, time flies when you're having fun! In the past year we passed a million posts on the forums, and there are now 26,762 members signed up.

This community wouldn't be anything today without all of our great members that keep the forums such a great place to visit. I want to thank all the people who have contributed to the site over the years, especially all the moderators who have given so much of their time watching over the site.

As always, here's a look at the past 5 anniversaries:

Today is Nano-Reef.com's 5th Anniversary, and it's been a great 5 years! The nano reef keeping hobby has grown tremendously in just the last year alone. We're now at 19,751 members and going strong. I think we can safely say that nano reefs have finally been accepted as a part of the hobby.

I believe we have a really great group of members here, and I want to thank everyone for making Nano-Reef.com such a great place to learn and have fun!

For tradition, here's a look from the past four years:

Happy 4th Anniversary Nano-Reef.com! Another great year has passed and we're now at 14,121 members. The popularity of nano reef keeping is at an all time high, and the nano-reef.com community is growing faster than ever. Thank you all for being a part of Nano-Reef.com!

In keeping with tradition, here's a look at the last three years:

It's been three great years together with everyone! We're now over 8000 members strong, and growing by well over 100 more each week. Thanks to all our members, old a new, for making Nano-Reef.com all that it is today!

Here's a peek back into the past two years:

Hey, we made it another year! Happy Birthday Nano-Reef.com! Just to give perspective on how much Nano-Reef.com has grown in the past year, here's a quote from last year:

One year ago this day, I started nano-reef.com in hopes of bringing together the nano reef keeping community, and teaching those with interest an easy way to keep one. I never would have dreamed it would grow so fast, 1158 members this morning, and help so many.

3422 members later, here we are at year two. Things sure have changed since Nano-Reef.com was first born. Nano Reefs are being discovered and created by more people than ever before. For all those who said it couldn't done; look at us now! Thank you all for being part of this great community. I still believe there's something special about this group!

printerdown01

Happy b day!!! Chris you have created something that has given SOOO much to the reefing community. You -via this site- have saved my a$$ over and over year after year.

I still remember the kick ass tanks you used to build and sell. I was way too poor to buy them at the time but always coveted them. They were way ahead of their time 13 years ago. Next year will be my 14th year on the site.

It has been a great journey!!

Christopher Marks

Happy b day!!! Chris you have created something that has given SOOO much to the reefing community. You -via this site- have saved my a$$ over and over year after year.

I still remember the kick ass tanks you used to build and sell. I was way too poor to buy them at the time but always coveted them. They were way ahead of their time 13 years ago. Next year will be my 14th year on the site.

It has been a great journey!!

Thanks buddy!

SquishyFishy

Thank you Chris and Nano-Reef community. Without you guys, I would never have the gorgeous little piece of ocean I have today . Owe it all to you. Happy 14th!

bowing-036.gif

FlowerMama

Thanks everybody for all the support when our tanks have happy and sad times! Congrats for 14 yrs and continued inspiration and education for future reefers. Cuz everyone at one time or another is a 1stimereefer.

Nano Reef is #1 can't wait to see the crazy things we are using on our reef tanks in another 14 years.

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomgHappy Anniversary CM omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

emoticon limit my ass, I find ways around that ; )

Archived