Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Elos MIDI Pool60

cbort

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope but it's a beauty.

Thanks! I will get a better pic of it tonight. This picture really doesn't give it justice. The center actually has a rainbow of pastel colors in it. The skirt is is a cross bewteen mint and lime green. Then the body starts out a bight peach and pink and then has 2-3 shades of purple and then a white mouth. I got the frag from Gonzo over at reef2reef. He didn't know the name and has been calling it tutti fruiti. But there is already a zoa with this name and looks nothing like it.

HarryPotter

Thanks! I will get a better pic of it tonight. This picture really doesn't give it justice. The center actually has a rainbow of pastel colors in it. The skirt is is a cross bewteen mint and lime green. Then the body starts out a bight peach and pink and then has 2-3 shades of purple and then a white mouth. I got the frag from Gonzo over at reef2reef. He didn't know the name and has been calling it tutti fruiti. But there is already a zoa with this name and looks nothing like it.

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-05%20at%202.42.5

And a little contrast..

d2feb3d8-cee0-47f2-a949-fa2f4cc12ed7_zps

Screen%20Shot%202015-07-05%20at%202.42.5

And a little contrast..

d2feb3d8-cee0-47f2-a949-fa2f4cc12ed7_zps

Thanks Harry! That really helps distinguish the rainbow of colors the polyp has better than my original pics!

Looking awesome..... I say you're ready for a new signature.

Thanks! I agree, I need to get that updated to my current tank!

A1D321E1-44AF-44D1-B7EF-C11940023759_zps

Anyone currently or previously have experience using a Pacific Sun Kore 5th dosing unit? They have $100 off all the dosing packages currently through the summer and I am really considering taking advantage of the sale price! Reasons I am looking at the Kore 5th is for these reasons:

1. Auto top off. I currently do this manually since my MIDI only goes through maybe a gallon per week. But since my current setup is such a small water volume and salinity is easily fluctuating, I really need to get one. I had intentions of picking up an Elos ATO but since I have not yet picked one up and this one has it built in, it would save me 200.00.

2. Automated Water Change. This would be huge for me! Again, stability in any reef is imperative for best results, and this would help out a ton! I am really bad at doing water changes, so I try to do 5g water changes once a month at least. Id really like to do 1g water changes daily, and with this unit, you can customize as little or as much as youd like. The unit utilizes DC pumps to perform the water changes, or you could use 2 of the 5 heads to perform even smaller water changes.

3. 5 dosing channels. I currently do this manually also, and again I am terrible at doing this consistently. I dont know that I would need 5 channels, but it would allow me to dose different foods along with my regular dosing.

4. Software. The software looks great! I have heard some grumbling early on with the software, but as of late, it sounds like everything has been cleared up and working as advertised.

5. Customer Service. I have heard nothing but great things about their customer service. Any and all problems/questions seem to be solved/answered promptly.

6. Finally, I currently do not run a skimmer. My bio load is very, very small as far as fish are concerned. Nutrient export and nuisance algae has not been any sort of an issue either. Although I do feed my corals, and plan to up my feeding eventually, a skimmer would be added sometime down the road. I used live rock from an established reef, and did have a little die off in the beginning, but water changes took care of that. But I do believe the consistent water changes via the AWC unit would help this tremendously, and like I said a skimmer would need to be added eventually.

7. Finally the overall piece of mind of having a single unit maintain all of these things weekly/daily and only spending a fraction of the cost almost makes this a no brainer!

Thoughts? Experience?

That looks like a really slick doser with the acrylic dosing stand. Sorry, no experience with this brand personally but dang it looks good lol.

That looks like a really slick doser with the acrylic dosing stand. Sorry, no experience with this brand personally but dang it looks good lol.

Rolla, yea that should have been another reason I was considering it. It would go along with the setup really well!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any idea where I might get some super flexible 3/4" ID silicone hose? I picked up some of that Rubber hose from Menards, but it kinks really easy and is not very flexible.

The tank is looking amazing! Seeing all of those zoas is making me want to get some more lol. I recently purchased a prime and agree that it would be nice to have an option to select previously saved/created settings.

Aww yeah!!!

This little skimmer is pulling some crap out! It's such a small skimmer, but so far i am impressed!

The tank is looking amazing! Seeing all of those zoas is making me want to get some more lol. I recently purchased a prime and agree that it would be nice to have an option to select previously saved/created settings.

Thanks Kolarz! I think the same thing everytime i look into my tank! I need MORE!! Lol. The prime is a beast of a light! Especially for 199.00! I would also like the ability to share graphs and run different graphs each day of the week. Just gives the corals different spectrums each day. I do run my storms at different intensity/probabilities, which i think is a quick way to change it up day to day i guess. Kinda funny, but i work from 7am-6pm so i don't always get to see my tank throughout the day. When i have a day off, i get to see the tank in different light spectrums that i don't normally see.

• 1 month later...

The Elos is getting full of frags and sorta looking like a frag tank! So time to begin a new project....

Water testing the new frag tank I picked up from a local reefer.

845A0058-5304-4CA8-8F7A-AF2D9A3765E4_zps

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

oh pretty!

Thanks Giga!

Beautiful tank.

Thanks PieMan2k!

those returns do have a check valve right? lol

Yes, just one above the return pump.

Archived