Top Shelf Aquatics

The 40b zoa garden. ***Zoa List & Tank Pics!***

Angel<3Nanos

Angel<3Nanos

Damn man,that's nuts. I've made got like 20 or so different Zoa's & Paly's. And about 10-15 different Acan's lol.

Haha. I want some acans but I everytime I go buy some or order some, I end up with more zoas lol

wow great collection. i'm scared to write all them down on a list. be to afraid to see where i'm at. lol

I need to ID tons of them. I have like 20 kinds with no names. Lol I have to make a list. Or ill lose track

Another zoa collector. I see you have quite the collection. cool tank, following.

Thanks man. Zoas are awesome. Can't get enough lol

Nice collection. Can't wait till these grow out, unless your like me and I grow and trim.

Yeah man. I'm a chop shop haha. I grow and cut. That's the only way to get more zoas and less money spent.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Angel<3Nanos

Have any pics of your BEBBs? Those are my all-time favorite.

I don't but I'll take some pics :) I have 2 plugs growing some. :)

Welcome to the 40 club. It's the best bang for the buck aquarium in the history of glass boxes.

Oh yeah man!!! I'm as happy as can be. Love the 40s.
Angel<3Nanos

Pics!

I'm battling some kind of algae. Think its cyano. My nitrates are high. But I will when they clear. Lol

Nanofreak79

I had a bad case of cyano and green type cyano. It was in my 34 gallon shallow tank. I added a T5 fixture and it started showing up, switched back to all LEDs and still fought it. It was chocking out everything. Everyday blowing the rocks off and corals, sometimes twice. We all go through crappy times....just blow it off stir the sand and snap some pics.

Angel<3Nanos

I had a bad case of cyano and green type cyano. It was in my 34 gallon shallow tank. I added a T5 fixture and it started showing up, switched back to all LEDs and still fought it. It was chocking out everything. Everyday blowing the rocks off and corals, sometimes twice. We all go through crappy times....just blow it off stir the sand and snap some pics.

That's exactly what I'm doing right now. Man. I hate it. Lol ill try today.

Angel<3Nanos

You ever buy any from zoa collector? They are on r2r sponsor list

No man. I've bought most locally or from private collectors. I usually never pay retail price lol

Sweet zoa collection! I love zoas but I just never have any luck with them, they always turn bleh on me.

Maybe your water is too clean. They love dirty water. But not too dirty or you'll end up with algae issues. Which is what I'm going through right now lol.

Admonition

Maybe your water is too clean. They love dirty water. But not too dirty or you'll end up with algae issues. Which is what I'm going through right now lol.

That's a very real possibility. I've been trying to 'dirty' my water a tiny bit but *shrugs* My purple zoas are doing great but you can't seem them because they're on a purple coralline algae covered rock lol. But I'd love colorful ones like what you have

Angel<3Nanos

That's a very real possibility. I've been trying to 'dirty' my water a tiny bit but *shrugs* My purple zoas are doing great but you can't seem them because they're on a purple coralline algae covered rock lol. But I'd love colorful ones like what you have

I'll say nitrates 1-5ppm. And phosphates 0.02 should have your zoas do fine. My water is a bit dirtier due to heavy feeding and to maximize growth, but I have to be battling algae alot. I'm slowly bringing them down tho. I have been trying this NOPOX from red sea. So far so good.

Admonition

I'll say nitrates 1-5ppm. And phosphates 0.02 should have your zoas do fine. My water is a bit dirtier due to heavy feeding and to maximize growth, but I have to be battling algae alot. I'm slowly bringing them down tho. I have been trying this NOPOX from red sea. So far so good.

Yeah I have 0 (undetectable) nitrate and phosphate. I just have to work on getting it near levels you mentioned. I'm just concerned about another algae outbreak

Angel<3Nanos

I almost ordered that Red Sea stuff. I'd be interested to see how/if it works. Good luck

It's really good. I was skeptical at first, but one of my friends has been using it for a while for quite some time. So I gave it a try. Been using it for 2 weeks or so. Will test next week.

Yeah I have 0 (undetectable) nitrate and phosphate. I just have to work on getting it near levels you mentioned. I'm just concerned about another algae outbreak

Yeah be careful. Test alot

I had a terrible time with zoas in my 5g. I could never find the balance between too clean and OMG ALGAE EVERYWHERE!

I did notice selcon seems to make them happy in our 30g, so that's another possibility to try.

Angel<3Nanos

I had a terrible time with zoas in my 5g. I could never find the balance between too clean and OMG ALGAE EVERYWHERE!

I did notice selcon seems to make them happy in our 30g, so that's another possibility to try.

That's where I am right now. I'm almost there tho. Nutrients are slowly stabilizing. It's a tough battle.
Angel<3Nanos

Just wondering, out of your whole collection, what's your favorite zoa/paly?

Very good question man. So far I'm in love with many of them. Almost all. From the common ones to the high end ones. But there's one specific I really love. And I just recently got them. They are called utter chaos killers. Now, I tried looking up the exact name or even tried to get an id on the zoa itself. But I haven't found anything. Some day it's a reverse utter chaos. I say idk. I've seen reverse and I don't think they look like them. I got them off from an auction group on Facebook. I will post the pic. Note that the pic is not mine, that's the pic I got from the guy when I bought them. But it's the exact frag I bought.

Here they are.

18423102988_8960cfa27c_c.jpg

Red_Blenny

Very good question man. So far I'm in love with many of them. Almost all. From the common ones to the high end ones. But there's one specific I really love. And I just recently got them. They are called utter chaos killers. Now, I tried looking up the exact name or even tried to get an id on the zoa itself. But I haven't found anything. Some day it's a reverse utter chaos. I say idk. I've seen reverse and I don't think they look like them. I got them off from an auction group on Facebook. I will post the pic. Note that the pic is not mine, that's the pic I got from the guy when I bought them. But it's the exact frag I bought.

Here they are.

18423102988_8960cfa27c_c.jpg

That's a neat and unique utter chaos morph and I'd imagine the center would pop under actinics.

The only other UC morph I've seen is the Ultimate UC (and it's a bit meh to me).

Angel<3Nanos

That's a neat and unique utter chaos morph and I'd imagine the center would pop under actinics.

The only other UC morph I've seen is the Ultimate UC (and it's a bit meh to me).

Yeah the ultimate are ok. I don't own one but I have a friend who does.

That's a sweet piece. Might have to watch on the auction place a lil better. Lol

The have some pretty nice stuff man

Btw, any difference between Blue and Salted Agaves? My understanding so far is that the salted has more whites than the blues right?

Archived