SaltCritters.com

11 gallons squared underwater mushroom garden...now with sand and scape

nismo_sky32

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nismo_sky32

So far I'm loving the light. The color isn't quite as good as the nano box I was using before but it's pretty damn close

nismo_sky32

Mounted the tank arm on the wall. Not centered but still covers the entire tank

20150430_230242_zpssl7p5vz7.jpg

20150430_230323_zpspxhn4fah.jpg

What do you all think?

nismo_sky32

Looks amazing man what a beautiful tank !

Thank you!

Thinning out the live rock and switching the cadlights skimmer for my tunze 9001 this weekend. Now that I'm only running 20 total gallons it should work out ok

nismo_sky32

20150501_181730_zps6nmevsrw.jpg

Swapped out the cadlights skimmer for the tunze 9001. Sure, it doesn't look as fancy but it's silent and is already pulling some gunk. Next is to start looking for some harder to find shrooms and zoas

nismo_sky32

So where did you get this tank...cuzzz I want one.

I picked it up from the cadlights website when they first put them up fit sale. I haven't seen them on there since they sold out

I picked it up from the cadlights website when they first put them up fit sale. I haven't seen them on there since they sold out

That sucks....I haven't seen anything under the zen section except the "test tanks" lol. Yours looks great though!

nismo_sky32

That sucks....I haven't seen anything under the zen section except the "test tanks" lol. Yours looks great though!

Yep. Been like that for awhile now. The mr aqua 11.4 is pretty close in dimension if you wanted to go that route

nismo_sky32

Next up is a couple more plates. A nice bright green and maybe a funky orange. Maybe a rainbow pectinia after that. Starting to really appreciate all the unique and beautiful corals we have in our oceans

thecoralbeauty

I have a thing for plate corals, and i found a frag of a dead skeleton that was sprouting babies. unfortunately, my emerald crab ate them, so i tossed him, and I'm praying that the one remaining plate baby will bounce back from the massacre.

great looking tank! (and cats)

nismo_sky32

I have a thing for plate corals, and i found a frag of a dead skeleton that was sprouting babies. unfortunately, my emerald crab ate them, so i tossed him, and I'm praying that the one remaining plate baby will bounce back from the massacre.

great looking tank! (and cats)

Thank you! I was going to do a softie only tank but I'm starting to really starting to like fungia

thecoralbeauty

They're really cool corals. If you ever have one die, leave the skeleton in your tank for at least the next year- it will sprout babies!

nismo_sky32

They're really cool corals. If you ever have one die, leave the skeleton in your tank for at least the next year- it will sprout babies!

Thanks for the info. Hopefully I won't have any die on me but I'll leave them in if they do. I have to arrange the rock to allow more space for the others. I want to thin out the scape anyways. I only need a rock for my zoas, mushies and a few small ones for my rfa. I want as much open sand bed as possible
nismo_sky32

20150506_193405_zpsgi2bwbta.jpg

20150506_193340_zpsluh6epxw.jpg

New scape. Slowly moving live rock out of the display and into the sump until I'm happy with the outcome. Rearranging rock is stressful!

Tank looks great. I'm definitely gonna drill mine. Now that I now you can drill these low iron tanks.

Thanks for the info.

nismo_sky32

Thanks! I love the tank. I'm in the process of thinning out the live rock. Trying for a very minimalistic look but these damn rock nems won't leave their current rock no matter how hard I try.

This is my 15 gallon cadlight.

Try putting a power head right on them. That's how I get them to move.

post-87949-0-49880400-1430962750_thumb.jpg

Archived