inTank Media Baskets

11 gallons squared underwater mushroom garden...now with sand and scape

nismo_sky32

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nismo_sky32

20150419_104949_zpsoblfksb0.jpg

This is the setup that will be replacing my 50 gallon artisan cube.

15 gallon zen aquarium

Glassholes super nano overflow kit

White AI prime led with tank mount until I get the hanging kit

Cadlights 50 gallon artisan high gloss white stand

18 gallon cadlights glass sump

nismo_sky32

It's been one hell of a week for me. Came back from Georgia to a tank full of algae. Got that cleaned up but the brown cat decided to take a swim in the tank when I was doing so. Skimmer decided to go crazy and sprayed water all over the inside of my stand. Thursday, my 3 year old car decided it was time for a new alternator, battery and a few other parts. Unfortunately this put a hiatus on getting any other aquarium goodies but I finally have the time to start up the new build

Awesome! I wanted to replump my tank and was wondering what size drain/return are you going with? could you list the required parts? what kind of hoses are those? thanks

nismo_sky32

where the hell did you find a 15 gallon zen?

Got it from cadlights about a year ago. I haven't seen them on the sight since the shipment I ordered from sold out. Pretty solid quality. The clarity is up there with the ADA tanks and the silicone job is pretty damn good. There was a little bit of excess silicone on the top and bottom but a blade cleaned that right up.

nismo_sky32

Awesome! I wanted to replump my tank and was wondering what size drain/return are you going with? could you list the required parts? what kind of hoses are those? thanks

http://www.glass-holes.com/Super-Nano-Con-Dientes-In-N-Out-Complete-System-SNCDInNout.htm

This is the package I got. Has everything you need including the glass drill bits. Glassholes said this kit is capable of 300 gph

nismo_sky32

yea i wanted to get one. i emailed cad but never got a reply

Yeah, sometimes their customer service is lacking but I've been happy with the products I've gotten from them so far. The new setup was between this and an ADA 60f that I've had sitting in the basement for awhile. I felt that those dimensions andvolume would limit me on what I could do
nismo_sky32

gonna be a sick build. cant wait to see more.

Thanks man. Hopefully I won't disappoint. Drilling and leak test should happen sometime this week. Transfer of stock is planned for next weekend

http://www.glass-holes.com/Super-Nano-Con-Dientes-In-N-Out-Complete-System-SNCDInNout.htm

This is the package I got. Has everything you need including the glass drill bits. Glassholes said this kit is capable of 300 gph

Thanks buddy. So i guess they use 1/2" return, i was hesitated to order that size because I read most recommend 1" drain and 3/4" return. I want to use the small loc line flare nozzle but it was a 1/2" thread, i guess I should have went with 1/2" bulkhead.

What kind of return pump are you going to use?

nismo_sky32

Thanks buddy. So i guess they use 1/2" return, i was hesitated to order that size because I read most recommend 1" drain and 3/4" return. I want to use the small loc line flare nozzle but it was a 1/2" thread, i guess I should have went with 1/2" bulkhead.

What kind of return pump are you going to use?

I might try the cadlights pump that came with the artisan. It's rated at 500 gph before head loss. Its quiet and adjustable. If it proves to be too much, I'll look into getting a sicce or tunze

nismo_sky32

Moved some of the live rock around in the 50 today. Trying to get one of the rock flower anemones to change rocks. Flipped a few pieces over and buried some of the gha I couldn't remove by hand. Planning on moving over a half to 2/3 of the rock I currently have, the zoas and shrooms and definitely my blenny to the zen. The six line wrasse might make the transfer and I'll probably add a goby. My bonded pair of occelaris clowns and my orchid dotty back will be finding a new home

nismo_sky32

20150426_173513-1_zpsg2inb7ln.jpg

20150426_173754-1_zpsljbgysar.jpg

Drilling, leak test and transfer is done! Drilling a tank is so much easier than I expected. Loving the glass holes overflow kit. Much quieter than the stock cadlights durso overflow. No noise is the overflow or the sump. The stock pump from the artisan seems to be a good flow rate for the size kit I got too.

Not the final scape. I had to hurry and get everything back in there because it definitely wasn't the most organized transfer and took a little longer than expected . Will be working on fine tuning things throughout the week

nismo_sky32

wow. this is so ####### good. pics of the sump area?

so happy with the way this turned out.

Thanks man! The sump is a filthy mess from all the disturbance. Pretty simple setup, nothing fancy...yet lol. I'll try and get some pics of under the tank today.

really nice build

Stunning tank!

Thank you

nismo_sky32

20150427_072106_zpspmsyc8wy.jpg

I'm really impressed with how quiet this overflow. Just have one minor drip coming from where the hose goes into the elbow.

nismo_sky32

Really happy I chose this tank over the ada 60f. I think I would've been too restricted on the scape with that tank. If I didn't have a cat that like to swim in my piece of the ocean I probably could've went topples and had the scape come out of the water. Maybe I'll use the shallow tank to dive back into freshwater. A planted Corydoras and apistogramma tank sounds appealing

nismo_sky32

wow. this is so ####### good. pics of the sump area?

so happy with the way this turned out.

20150427_175657_zpsocao56up.jpg

Pic of the sump area. Nothing fancy yet but that's what I'll be working on after I get a nicer powerhead. I'm thinking about getting a different skimmer too. The pls 100 skims nicely but is a b!+c# to tune in. A filter sock will be added in also to polish the water a little more. Pump is sufficient and quiet so I'll roll with it until it dies on me

Really happy I chose this tank over the ada 60f. I think I would've been too restricted on the scape with that tank. If I didn't have a cat that like to swim in my piece of the ocean I probably could've went topples and had the scape come out of the water. Maybe I'll use the shallow tank to dive back into freshwater. A planted Corydoras and apistogramma tank sounds appealing

Man you gotta teach you cat that their suppose to be afraid of water :D But that is just too funny that he likes to go swimming! Also STUNNING tank! I love how simplistic the rockwork looks. Also you can never go wrong with apistos. I have a freshwater tank and Cockatoos are one of my faves as well as the now Mikrogeophagus German Blue Ram Cichlid. Corys are also so cute :) Good luck with your tank!

20150427_175657_zpsocao56up.jpg

Pic of the sump area. Nothing fancy yet but that's what I'll be working on after I get a nicer powerhead. I'm thinking about getting a different skimmer too. The pls 100 skims nicely but is a b!+c# to tune in. A filter sock will be added in also to polish the water a little more. Pump is sufficient and quiet so I'll roll with it until it dies on me

http://www.marinedepot.com/AquaMaxx_WS_1_In_Sump_Protein_Skimmer_In_Sump_Venturi_Needle_Wheel_Protein_Skimmers-AquaMaxx-UJ00189-FIPSISNW-vi.html

AquaMaxx-WS-1-In-Sump-Protein-Skimmer-99

might wanna look into that one. thats what ill be running

Archived