Coral Vue Hydros

Petco won't sell me starfish

CJJon

CronicReefer

You're reading comprehension is lacking. I could care less about a starfish being used as food.

Please satisfy my curiosity and tell me why you decide to randomly troll post on a reef forum. Is your life really so shitty and lame that this is what brings you pleasure?

• Like 4

You're reading comprehension is lacking. I could care less about a starfish being used as food.

then back off, you make no sense what-so ever.

• Like 1
This thread is awesome..

FWIW.. petco's website has them for relatively cheap. They even have a "bulk buy" where you can get 3 for 22. Shipping is a little steep at 30, but if you order a buttload the shipping doesn't change at all.

And, if you use "welcomemar15" coupon, they'll give you 20% off. Total for 6 (2 x bulk buy) of them came to $65.87 shipped with the coupon.

• Like 1

This thread is awesome..
FWIW.. petco's website has them for relatively cheap. They even have a "bulk buy" where you can get 3 for 22. Shipping is a little steep at 30, but if you order a buttload the shipping doesn't change at all.
And, if you use "welcomemar15" coupon, they'll give you 20% off. Total for 6 (2 x bulk buy) of them came to $65.87 shipped with the coupon.

Don't do this to me, I don't have the time/space/resources for harlequin shrimp!

• Like 2

Also.. I know this is incredibly juvenile, but (oYo).. your username is boobs.. that is really distracting..

(oYo)

) . (

( v )

someone give it a face and limbs!!!

• Like 2

Interesting posts here.... You could always try making a refugium with asterina starfish! I loved my harlequins! I used sandsifter starfish too

• Like 2
Weasel Baron

They eat any echinoderm tube feet, right? Why not just get a bunch of pincushion urchins? They're a lot easier to care for than sea stars and can survive off ulva alone, and are cheaper to buy

• Like 1

Interesting posts here.... You could always try making a refugium with asterina starfish! I loved my harlequins! I used sandsifter starfish too

I was talking to a guy at my LFS who has a couple of Harlequins, and he was saying that he has a 5g tank that he threw a cheap HOB filter on, and is using it to grow asterinas in. Feeds them algae wafers, and they multiply so fast that he doesn't need to hunt food down anymore. Would be fun to try just as an experiment to see how long it takes them to reach biblical plague levels :D

• Like 4
CronicReefer

I was talking to a guy at my LFS who has a couple of Harlequins, and he was saying that he has a 5g tank that he threw a cheap HOB filter on, and is using it to grow asterinas in. Feeds them algae wafers, and they multiply so fast that he doesn't need to hunt food down anymore. Would be fun to try just as an experiment to see how long it takes them to reach biblical plague levels :D

I've got quite a few asterina and they do grow pretty quickly. You will see one grow a few extra limbs and then it will split in half, just give them a rock with some algae and you will be good to go.

• Like 2
llama roadkill

So, I rolled into a local Petco tonight to check them out. They actually have some nice salt tanks. So the little girl there asks me if I need anything and I ask her if she could get chocolate chip stars in on a regular basis as I was thinking of getting a pair of harlequin shrimp. I was told they can't sell them to me since they will be used as feeders. She said it would be too cruel. I asked about the freezer full of mice and rats and the hundreds of feeder goldfish they have. She said sorry and directed me to a couple reef shops hours away. I tried to inform her that starfish are incapable of feeling pain, have no brains, and are a low order animal--she didn't believe me.

One of the first Petco employees ever to actually give a damn about something other than a paycheck, only to be incompetent enough to not know her stuff. Wow.

• Like 6

Sounds like you started this whiny thread to gain some "support" for your case. You didn't receive it and now you are even more butt hurt.

What are you talking about? Whiny thread? Huh? Support for what case? Even more butt-hurt?

:blink:

• Like 1

Several online suppliers sell them no questions asked. If you buy several starfish, the shipping cost is reasonable.

still like the wig+mask dear, it's what I would do if I had that issue,or send a friend to buy them.

if you could care less leave, just my opinion. Also way to go being mean, trolling is mean, if you want to troll give the makeshift lounge a shot, that's the mostly self contained cesspool of this website.
  • Like 3

if you could care less leave, just my opinion. Also way to go being mean, trolling is mean, if you want to troll give the makeshift lounge a shot, that's the mostly self contained cesspool of this website.

Tried asking an off topic question in the lounge, first response told me to eat a bag of dicks. oYo would be right at home. The rest of civilization will stay out here...

• Like 6

By the way, I think you mean that you couldn't care less. Not to be a grammar nazi, but if you "could care less", it means you have a little caring left for the particular subject of focus.

At the very least, If you are going to get personal you could insult using proper grammar and phrase. Then even if you are being an asshat, you can do it knowing you did it like a sir.

21oc020.jpg

Trust me. I am an expert at being an asshat.

• Like 11

Tried asking an off topic question in the lounge, first response told me to eat a bag of dicks. oYo would be right at home. The rest of civilization will stay out here...

that's so horrible, and thank you for agreeing, this is the first time I've suggested anything as lounge worthy but Oyo does belong there, that's more his kind of people.

What are you talking about? Whiny thread? Huh? Support for what case? Even more butt-hurt?

:blink:

Oh now you're asking questions. Your OP is nothing but a whinny communist rant. You tried to cry here and didn't get 100% support then cried more which was pretty funny.

Are you looking for advice or just crying about a little girl taking you to school?

Oh now you're asking questions. Your OP is nothing but a whinny communist rant. Your tried to cry here and didn't get 100% support then cried more which was pretty funny.

are you looking for advice or just crying about a little girl taking you to school?

wow why bring politics into this, thats just childish, and that is the OP. im not sure if you paid attenion or if your just suffering from denial, which is also a river in Egypt. you got taken school, taught a lesson, then dismissed.

• Like 2

wow why bring politics into this, thats just childish, and that is the OP. im not sure if you paid attenion or if your just suffering from denial, which is also a river in Egypt. you got taken school, taught a lesson, then dismissed.

Not to be a grammar nazi

jamescstein

By the way, I think you mean that you couldn't care less. Not to be a grammar nazi, but if you "could care less", it means you have a little caring left for the particular subject of focus.

At the very least, If you are going to get personal you could insult using proper grammar and phrase. Then even if you are being an asshat, you can do it knowing you did it like a sir.

21oc020.jpg

Trust me. I am an expert at being an asshat.

https://youtu.be/8Gv0H-vPoDc

• Like 1
Steensj2004

Great. Then he can more effectively source the food and not bring a private business in to his choice.

This isn't the ocean. It's all fake and everything will die for our pleasure.

Yeah, why feed anything what they eat in nature......? Pssh, what a jerk

• Like 2