Top Shelf Aquatics

Just bought new DSLR for reef shots

CJJon

Just pulled the trigger on a Nikon D5500 body with a new Nikon AF-s DX Nikkor 35mm f1.8 and a used Sigma 150mm 1:1 f2.8 ex dg hsm apo macro (non-Optical Sensor) lens.

Anyone have any experience with these items? The camera is very close to the D5300 but has a touch screen. I will keep you all posted when I have the unit in hand.

I have a 5200, nice camera! Just practice alot with it and work on using manual mode to learn the functions of apature, fstop,speed, and white balance. Good luck! Message me if you have any questions

I picked up a Nikon D5500 a little while ago, it's been great so far. The touch screen is great much better than some older touch screen cameras I've used.

I have a 5200, nice camera! Just practice alot with it and work on using manual mode to learn the functions of apature, fstop,speed, and white balance. Good luck! Message me if you have any questions

Thanks! I used to be a fairly avid astrophotographer, but with film. I used to gas hyper film and used a DIY cold camera that used dry ice! Alas, you can't get tech pan 2415 BW film anymore...

Thanks! I used to be a fairly avid astrophotographer, but with film. I used to gas hyper film and used a DIY cold camera that used dry ice! Alas, you can't get tech pan 2415 BW film anymore...

Sweet! Photography used to be such an art and skill, but in todays times it seems anyone who has a camera is a "Photographer". I would love to see some of these old pictures from your astrophotography if you still have any!

Sweet! Photography used to be such an art and skill, but in todays times it seems anyone who has a camera is a "Photographer". I would love to see some of these old pictures from your astrophotography if you still have any!

The majority of what I took would be boring to most. I was blink comparing images on a quest to find asteroids so they are just large star fields. I found some, but was 2d or 3d in line to report them. I'll have to dig around and see if I can find any of the more 'sexy' images. I would have to scan them as they are all prints or negatives!

Mike Savage

The Nikon 35 f1.8 is a great lens from what I have heard and I own and have used the Sigma 150mm for years on 3 different camera bodies and have loved it on every one of them. It is a fantastic lens.

Archived