Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Spring Water – water top-up question

matt1977

And you are getting about $60 worth of filter, not the same quality. Look at the 5 micron nominal rated sediment filter, Granular activated carbon taste and odor filter versus a solid extruded 1 micron 12,000 gallon carbon block, unspecified membrane and little dinky horizontal hollow tube they call a DI filter. Then its all clipped together and it has no pressure gauge and a fixed flow restrictor. About $60 worth of cobbled up parts similar to the Mighty Mite and other systems sold here on ebay. No comparison at all.

Those DI filter tubes are a pain in the ass. My system has two and frankly I'm not really sure how long until they aren't any good. I have my TDS meter but that's about it. You can't open them up either. Next time I order from BRS I will be getting one of the expansion containers with the refillable DI containers and getting rid of the two DI containers that I currently have. While they do make up 2 stages, I would love to see how much DI resin is actually in these compared to a standard 10" container of DI resin.

Archived