Cultivated Reef

Filtration for Fluval Spec V?!

KuyasNanoReef

KuyasNanoReef

Hey guys!!

Whether you've seen my tank build or not, I've been debating on the BEST, yet SIMPLE, way to filter my tank... Currently I am using the stock filter with CPE and Purigen but I was wondering what I should be using.

I was thinking about changing an AquaClear300 into a fuge but I feel like it would be very bulky and unsightly.. Maybe hanging it on the "back" and putting the intake into the filter chamber?

I also was thinking about a canister filter... but have no idea on which one looks the best, and is actually the best for my size tank!

Please help):

Jordan

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to try a canister, the eheim 2211 is about perfect. It would provide a ton of extra flow if you plumb it correctly and it's small enough it can be easily hidden.

When I had mine going, I just used filter floss and GFO for PO4 reduction.

KuyasNanoReef

If you want to try a canister, the eheim 2211 is about perfect. It would provide a ton of extra flow if you plumb it correctly and it's small enough it can be easily hidden.

When I had mine going, I just used filter floss and GFO for PO4 reduction.

Thanks man!

• 1 month later...

I just run filter floss, purgien and chemi pure elite in a media basket. My water has been crystal clear but then again I barely have any coral... And one fish.

Archived