Pod Your Reef

Lady Hillbilly's 8g AIO (Happy Wife, Happy Life)

NorthGaHillbilly

NorthGaHillbilly

They are never what they claim to be. My "70" held like 54g, the 40B held 32 I think, my "150" holds 110 I think (that was with sand and rock already in tho atleast, the other 2 were just water). Hell my 180 was only like 120 of actual water in the DT. :wacko:

You can do it tho, there are smaller tanks with sps, and birdsnest and pocci are easy tolerant turds that will take the beating better then any other sticks.... and also favorites of clown gobies lol

yea, Ive noticed that, i get being a little off, but a 70 holding 54, a 23% difference, thats bull shit.

If it was up to me Id throw a few digis or something in there, but the lady wants "flowers" and flowey stuff, so zoas and a ghoni, euphilla, that kind of shit

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yea, Ive noticed that, i get being a little off, but a 70 holding 54, a 23% difference, thats bull shit.

If it was up to me Id throw a few digis or something in there, but the lady wants "flowers" and flowey stuff, so zoas and a ghoni, euphilla, that kind of shit

Yeah I don't get how they figure tank sized but it is completely wrong lol

Tell her it is more their natural habitat (which is 100% truth), and it would be alot happier with digi, pocci,birdsnest (again completely true) even a nice cap. The flowey stuff will just piss it off and be overly pissed off with it perching on them.

NorthGaHillbilly

Yeah I don't get how they figure tank sized but it is completely wrong lol

Tell her it is more their natural habitat (which is 100% truth), and it would be alot happier with digi, pocci,birdsnest (again completely true) even a nice cap. The flowey stuff will just piss it off and be overly pissed off with it perching on them.

I'll sneek in a birdsnest or something :D

Im really debating on a huge LPS just for kicks, I usually try to keep things in proportion to keep from making the tank look small, but it might be cool to do the opposite on this one

NorthGaHillbilly

Why aren't you my neighbor? :bowdown:

lol, if it's a project small enough for carry on, let me know and we'll work it up before your next trip down here :P
NorthGaHillbilly

Tank looks great man. The mangrove was a cool touch

I appreciate it, but I cant claim that one completely. I stuck the mangrove tuber, I think thats the right terminology, into the hole in the rock, then when I pulled out the rock I realized it had grown down through the rock and was permanently there. But it seems like an accidental success.

16532251513_d6b88e0820_z.jpg[/url]

NorthGaHillbilly

I love this! What cube did you use? 8 gallons looks perfect!

thanks man, I used the deep blue 12" cube, I calculated it out, 6.5 gal in the display and .9 in the rear chamber, so its pretty true to size, and its a cheap rimless

That's great! I wish I could find a nice rimless 10 gallon that was reasonable, I think for me that would ideal! But this is a really close second

NorthGaHillbilly

Got an ATO made for the tank, havent got the float sensor bracket made yet, but theres always tomorrow.

That's great! I wish I could find a nice rimless 10 gallon that was reasonable, I think for me that would ideal! But this is a really close second

Its a suprisingly well made tank for the cost, Im petty happy with it

NorthGaHillbilly

I can now say that this tank is about stocked to the brim.

Cment just moved over everything to his new SCA 50 gallon, looks SICK, hope he puts some pictures up soon, and he sent a pile of frags to stock the lady's tank.

There are a hand full of zoa frags, a really awesome little pink goni, cap and digi to keep the YCG happy, and another gorgonia. Last but not least, an AWESOME Mini-Maxi nem. Pics to come tomorrow, but needless to say its taken a huge step forward.

NorthGaHillbilly

Got the ATO installed, so its now officially done. Really liking how simple this setup is, pretty low stress.

17216704491_fd1f8b2878.jpg

I currently have the brain in there in an attempt to rehab, I finally caught the peppermint that I think was adding to its distress, so Im going to be moving it back over to the big tank and moving in the pinwheel plate.

Decent FTS

[17217315015_89c985a8c8_c.jpg

Got the ATO installed, so its now officially done. Really liking how simple this setup is, pretty low stress.

17216704491_fd1f8b2878.jpg

I currently have the brain in there in an attempt to rehab, I finally caught the peppermint that I think was adding to its distress, so Im going to be moving it back over to the big tank and moving in the pinwheel plate.

Decent FTS

[17217315015_89c985a8c8_c.jpg

This looks great. Nice little tank. Just wait till the wife gets a taste for $200 frags, then you'll start regretting it. Lol

NorthGaHillbilly

This looks great. Nice little tank. Just wait till the wife gets a taste for $200 frags, then you'll start regretting it. Lol

LOL, if those were LPS frags, I think I could manage it, but knowing my luck shell want $100 per polyp weeds

NorthGaHillbilly

Its really nice having a place to showcase some of the coral that get lost in the big tank, or sit on the frag rack constantly

17223462286_011486cfa0_c.jpg

I've seen him on liveaquaria also and was close on buying him! Really cool fish, I have already a wartskin angler. They will eat anything they can fit in their mouth.

Archived