Coral Vue Hydros

Lady Hillbilly's 8g AIO (Happy Wife, Happy Life)

NorthGaHillbilly

NorthGaHillbilly

So the wife got BEYOND upset with me for banishing the YCG to the QT tank after he started messing with all the sticks in the big tank.

So after some strong words she informed me I, "better make him a pretty tank and get him out of that nasty quarantine tank!"

I promptly said, "Yes'm"

So here we are. Deep Blue 12" cube, false wall with a little rio 200 GPH pump for circulation. It wont be much for equipment, pump, heater, light. Ive for a Reef Radiance nano light Im going to get hung this weekend.

I plan to silicone in the wall tonight after drilling for the return. The "cycle" will be non existent as Im going to be pulling rock from my sump. Not only will this be my first tank with LEDs, but also my first in a long time, with..... SAND.

Stay tuned

16472078613_191c876040_z.jpg

16884834537_da2f59f699_z.jpg

16884834497_573fb398f7_z.jpg

16884834457_e8673d7e5e_z.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NorthGaHillbilly

Happy Wife, happy life.

Aint that the truth.

I wish my wife would get mad at me and demand another tank.

:bowdown: Teach me your ways, Master :bowdown:

LOL

LOL, I wish I could figure out how it worked out, I'd repeat the process for a few other projects.

16906740938_eda3f65c56_z.jpg

16472076844_e79ec3821a_z.jpg

jedimasterben

Check yo PM's home boy, Ive got to bug the shit out of you for a while :lol:

Shit, let me try and steal my wife's laptop. This whole computer being dead shit is for the birds, and my phone is a giant turd for web stuff lol

were is the kitty litter?

I put some black sand in my 34 it looks great. Black sand would look proper in that new tank for your wife

NorthGaHillbilly

well that was fast.

Just freshwater testing now, I hope to get the light hung on Sunday and transfer a few things over into it

Looks good GA! You gonna get it a pair and throw some cheap sticks in there for them to kill n spawn? LOL

LOL, I hope to go with a goby/shrimp along with the ycg, I've got to see how the bioload works out, did the calculations and the damn thing is closer to 6.5 than it is to 8, so with the litter in the equation, I'm worried

were is the kitty litter?

I put some black sand in my 34 it looks great. Black sand would look proper in that new tank for your wife

I think Im going to go old school on this, crushed coral with a figi pink to fill the spaces. Gatta see what my buddies locally have laying around

NorthGaHillbilly

And were in buisness

The rock work will be changed once she decides what she wants, but ive got it running, getting the shelf up and light hung soon.

16929959939_2d28e95bba_z.jpg

16496002503_89d238731e_z.jpg

NorthGaHillbilly

What is this sorcery. Sand in the first pic and not in the second!?

Wooden side table :lol:

I saw the detritus that fell off the rock... got scared and im going to hold off on sand untill she says she wants it :unsure:

NorthGaHillbilly

Let there be light!

16951912090_e53ba50d3a_z.jpg

I threw a few neglected corals from the big tank in a few min ago, ill get some pictures once they open back up.

Let there be light!

16951912090_e53ba50d3a_z.jpg

I threw a few neglected corals from the big tank in a few min ago, ill get some pictures once they open back up.

What happened to the boy?

NorthGaHillbilly

What happened to the boy?

LOL, "there once was a boy who loved a girl"

Silly home decor, courtesy of LH

17140634625_245c050baa_z.jpg

NorthGaHillbilly

Cool little tank man. Decided to go bb?

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. yea, Im going BB for now, unless she pressures me for some sand, or untill I see a yasha goby/ pistol shrimp up at the LFS. I like the idea of sand, I just get spazzed out when I see the detritus in the tank currently. and think about if I couldnt get to it.

LOL, I hope to go with a goby/shrimp along with the ycg, I've got to see how the bioload works out, did the calculations and the damn thing is closer to 6.5 than it is to 8, so with the litter in the equation, I'm worried

They are never what they claim to be. My "70" held like 54g, the 40B held 32 I think, my "150" holds 110 I think (that was with sand and rock already in tho atleast, the other 2 were just water). Hell my 180 was only like 120 of actual water in the DT. :wacko:

You can do it tho, there are smaller tanks with sps, and birdsnest and pocci are easy tolerant turds that will take the beating better then any other sticks.... and also favorites of clown gobies lol

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. yea, Im going BB for now, unless she pressures me for some sand, or untill I see a yasha goby/ pistol shrimp up at the LFS. I like the idea of sand, I just get spazzed out when I see the detritus in the tank currently. and think about if I couldnt get to it.

Kids and their fears :lol:

Archived