Innovative Marine Aquariums

CAD Lights: issue resolved

Livewreck

On Feb. 2, 2015 I ordered an 8g mini 2 and their 3-in-one Nano Media Reactor. A week later I ordered their PLS-50 Elite Professional Nano skim. All products ordered were received, but I decided not to use the reactor or the skimmer. So I called CAD Lights and spoke with Jason. He provided me with an RMA number (which is required for returns), and on Feb. 18, 2015 I sent the skimmer and the reactor back to CAD Lights. They received the returns on Feb. 26.

A month passed without my account being credited for the returns. That was when I began what has turned out to be several futile quests to have CAD Lights credit me for the returns. To make a long story short, over the past 6 weeks I have called them three times. I spoke with Jason twice and with Waylin once. Each time I was assured that the situation would be corrected and that I would receive a return phone call within 2 hours. I never received any call back from CAD Lights. I emailed CAD Lights twice. They have yet to answer my emails.

UPDATE: After reporting my negative experience in two popular on-line sites, CAD Lights has refunded my money.

The CadLights crew doesn't know that I'm retired. I have the time, capability, and willingness to pursue this matter ad nauseum. They won't rob me and get off unscathed. My first two reports (here and on another channel) are already on Google - and once something is on Google, it's there to stay. It's not like I didn't warn them... but only after they screwed me over a few times. I'd have been much happier simply getting the money they owe me. I'm not a vindictive person: but I am a determined one.

I will post on several forums once a week, to make sure that when anyone does a search for a review of CAD Lights, or a review of Cadlights, or a review of CadLights, my reports about them being crooks will be picked up on Google searches. In addition, as I've already noted, I'll pursue whatever legal means I can - and there are several that cost only time: a commodity I have plenty of.

well being from new england, when i see Ontario, CA. the first that pops into my head is canada.

Ha Ha! Me too. I used to live in New Hampshire and the first time I tried to contact Cad Lights I thought they were located in Canada. I guess we New Englanders think alike. (Go Pats!) :D

The CadLights crew doesn't know that I'm retired. I have the time, capability, and willingness to pursue this matter ad nauseum. They won't rob me and get off unscathed. My first two reports (here and on another channel) are already on Google - and once something is on Google, it's there to stay. It's not like I didn't warn them... but only after they screwed me over a few times. I'd have been much happier simply getting the money they owe me. I'm not a vindictive person: but I am a determined one.

I will post on several forums once a week, to make sure that when anyone does a search for a review of CAD Lights, or a review of Cadlights, or a review of CadLights, my reports about them being crooks will be picked up on Google searches. In addition, as I've already noted, I'll pursue whatever legal means I can - and there are several that cost only time: a commodity I have plenty of.

Ha Ha! Me too. I used to live in New Hampshire and the first time I tried to contact Cad Lights I thought they were located in Canada. I guess we New Englanders think alike. (Go Pats!) :D

did you try dropping a line to them on here? i hope you get the refund you deserve

Well folks, the issue is apparently being resolved as I type this. Once the resolution is complete, I will certainly report back here and clear the record.

OP, I'm sorry that CADlights has not refunded your money. My personal experience has been different, prompt refunds, calls returns, Jason took very good care of me.

Having said that, I've had other companies promise me a refund and have not delivered,. It is a simply matter of filing a dispute with the credit card company or paypal and it is taken care of.

Good luck.

OP, I'm sorry that CADlights has not refunded your money. My personal experience has been different, prompt refunds, calls returns, Jason took very good care of me.

Having said that, I've had other companies promise me a refund and have not delivered,. It is a simply matter of filing a dispute with the credit card company or paypal and it is taken care of.

Good luck.

Thank you, metrokat. I am truly happy to hear that you had such positive dealings with the company. After all, CAD Lights makes some very good products.

Perhaps this episode was based solely on an incorrect recording of a credit count number (as they claim) which hindered the process of refunding my money. Still, that does not excuse the behavior I detailed in my original post. Nevertheless, CAD Lights now appears to be doing their best to correct the situation. By tomorrow I hope to be able to report that everything has been settled.

UPDATE: After reporting my negative experience in two popular on-line sites, CAD Lights has refunded my money.

They had a plausible excuse for the delay. Perhaps it was a justified and not merely an excuse. However, they had no difficultly contacting me shortly after I registered a public complaint. It's a shame they didn't try to contact me sooner. After all, they had two months in which to do so.

Archived