ReefCleaners.org

My pico vase

Horsey_Cat

Here is my pico vase that was started somewhere around March 20th 2015. This project was of course inspired by Brandon429, and he has been such a great help.

Now here are some pics

iraLEoGl.jpg

j8T5dIEl.jpg

7Qsb2Tql.jpg

rGwxnbzl.jpg

JoCLsgNl.jpg

TTpom7Kl.jpg

lkqO4SGl.jpg

So thats my vase pico currently. Some pictures were taken with, and others without flash. I really love the idea of a vase pico. Brandon nearly perfected the idea of it as long as you spend a few minutes a week maintaing it, it can literally last years.

Evaporation is hardly an issue, and everything has been going very smooth so far.

Livestock:

- About 7 blue leg hermit crabs (although I suspect at least 1 has been MURDERED)

- 1 red brittle star

- 1 Harlequin serpent star

- 1 blue coral banded shrimp (hides all the time)

- 1 red coral banded shrimp (I only got him because I thought my blue coral banded shrimped died)

- Acan coral

- A couple very small zoa frags

- Blastomussa Merletti Coral

So I understand right now my vase may be a little overstocked with inverts, if issues come along regarding that I will deal with it then.

If anyone has tips, suggestions, or comments. Feel free to leave a comment. I know my vase is still very young, so I don't plan to stock anymore coral in the very near future. Although, I would love some more suggestions on some more corals once the vase matures a little more, and I know that the vase can handle it. Like a fine whiskey, I know the vase will only get better with age.

In my opinion the vase looks a *little* bare right now (maybe too much rock). I just need to wait for the corals I have to grow a little more, and find some more corals to fill the "bare" spots.

Thank you for reading, and I appreciate all comments

I enjoy seeing these laser clear pics your tank looks just like mine did in 2006! That red star is neat, my black one for the time it spent in my reef looking like an octopus to the average passerby was 3x larger and he did 18-20 mos in the hole before being removed due to size

I bet yours w like poking around for scraps. You have the exact same inverts Ive always enjoyed thanks for posting

Very cool. What equipment are you using on it? Heater/flow/light?

A tetra 50W found here, the only flow would be from bubbles. Lighting I have a BoostLED PAR30 and BoostLED light clamp

Archived