Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Reef-a-Palooza 2015?

pmang6

jamescstein

It was my first 'reef con'. I was impressed with the coral vendors. I was disappointed in the big name vendors who had pretty booths but nothing to sell. I saw alot of missed opportunities.

I am also pissed that I walked right by Nanobox's booth and didn't notice... :(

It was my first 'reef con'. I was impressed with the coral vendors. I was disappointed in the big name vendors who had pretty booths but nothing to sell. I saw alot of missed opportunities.

I am also pissed that I walked right by Nanobox's booth and didn't notice... :(

I missed the nano box booth too! Didn't even know they were there. Darn, too bad, I would have liked to see their products first hand

I missed the nano box booth too! Didn't even know they were there. Darn, too bad, I would have liked to see their products first hand

Are we sure he was there? I didn't see his booth. There were several people on the floorplan that didn't make it to the show for whatever reason.

llama roadkill

What were your thoughts on it for those of us that are too far to go?

Pretty fun for me at least. I went last year as well, and this year definitely topped last year's. There were lots of booths as well as a few speakers.

I was there. Dave(Nanobox) was not there. I talked to him the other day and he said he was too busy with orders!

I was only there for the last couple hours yesterday, so I cannot comment on the rest of the weekend, but it was really nice from what I saw. It was nice to meet some of the bigger names in the industry and I was able to get some pretty good deals being that I was there at the very end. Check out my thread if you're interested...

jamescstein

Forgot to mention that my wife spent about 15 minutes talking about spawning mandarins with Julian Sprung when we ran into him in his Two Little Fishes booth. Very cool he took the time to chat.

So you broke too eh? :rolleyes:

Since Josh doesn't ship and to get Cornbred's stuff you have to outbid 500 people on Ebay it just seemed the wise thing to do, right?

jamescstein

Since Josh doesn't ship and to get Cornbred's stuff you have to outbid 500 people on Ebay it just seemed the wise thing to do, right?

Meh, I looked at his stuff. Didn't see anything to justify the price.

We had a great time and picked up some really good stuff from JoshPorkSandwich and Cornbred.

Cool, nice looking frags! I got an awesome goni, gatorade zoas, and some utter chaos from JoshPorkSandwich. Didnt really see anything too appealing at cornbred, although I was there pretty late and he didn't have much left in the tank. I also got a nice red dragon from Jason Fox, a rainbow stylo and undata from WWC, and some rics and garf bonsai from Modern Aquaria.

Meh, I looked at his stuff. Didn't see anything to justify the price.

Having a seven year old with you that is asking about zoas by name almost always makes the price come down.

Having a seven year old with you that is asking about zoas by name almost always makes the price come down.

That'll do it. That what usually happens for me when my 5 year old goes into the LFS and starts throwing out the names of every fish they are selling!

LOL, funny story. My wife was holding our 5 month old when she walked up to Josh's booth and he jokingly offered to trade me his entire frag tank for him! I ended up getting a killer deal. $100 for the red goni, 3 polyp utter chaos, and 6 polyp gatorades.

Archived