Pod Your Reef

Size of tunze osmolator?

printerdown01

printerdown01

Does anyone out there know the size of the sensor puck for the tunze osmolator for the regular and nano model? I cannot find the dimensions anywhere!

printerdown01

Much appreciated close but not quite it. The part number you have listed is 6025.500 however the part number in question would be 3155.600. I have been stunned as to how hard it has been to find the size of this thing listed anywhere. I DID HOWEVER FIND IT: Just in case someone searches this tread for the answer in the future:

The inside magnet is 2.75" in diameter. It sticks out 1.5" with the sensors installed. The outside magnet is 5/8" thick and is 2" in diameter. - according to rvitkoon ReefCentral (back on 7/15/2010)...

SOOOO next major question... This think looks like it is just plastic could you dremel an 1/8 of an inch off of it? It looks hollow so I want to make sure I would not be cutting through the pieces that would hold it together.

Do you need less depth?

You could remove some of the snail guard if needed, yes 1/8" Or make your own mounting bracket.

printerdown01

Looking for less width by about 1/8 inch. Wondering if I could shave/cut the right and left side by 1/16 inch? Should have known ST would probably know the answer!

Archived