Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Problems Dimming LEDs

InvaderJim

I purchased one of your 4 channel dimming modules a few years back for my full spectrum LED build but I've never managed to get it to dim. I'm running it with 4x 40w 700mA Inventronics drivers.

LEDs are as follows:

8x CREE XT-E 3up 2x Royal Blue, 1x Neutral

4x OCW

4x True / Hyper Violet (Peak Wavelength: 405nm)

4x True / Hyper Violet (Peak Wavelegth: 430nm)

Colors are divided up between the 4 drivers like so:

8x Neutrals

12x Blues

8x UVs

4x OCW / 4x Blues

I've tried wiring the pots green/purple/yellow & yellow/purple/green and neither has worked. Do I just have these soldered up incorrectly?

4yDQT3m.jpg?1

jedimasterben

No, you've got them connected properly. Not sure why it's not working for you. Do you have another potentiometer you can try it with?

Try shorting the purple and green wires on one of the drivers. That should shut the output off. If that doesn't work, then there is an issue with the drivers. Another thing to check would be the voltage on the yellow wire (connect a multimeter to the yellow (+10v) wire and green (GND)). You should see 10v. If not, then there are issues with the driver.

While you have the multimeter out (you do have a multimeter right?), remove all the wires from one pot, and check the resistance range between the center pin and one of the outer pins as you turn the pot through it's range. These should be 10K pots, so you should see 0-10K as you turn it through the range.

Archived