Cultivated Reef

Versa 42G Sump Photos/Dimensions

werkkrew

Can anyone who actually owns the Versa 42g post some photos of the sump? I am about to order one but I am concerned that the center "refugium" chamber is really tiny and the glass baffles make the water in it really shallow.

Also would like to see how much room there is under the tank outside of the sump.

Would love to see an actual photo of the sump I would be getting since the website doesn't seem to have it.

Hi, Werkkrew

Thank you for your post. we have updated some new pictures of the 42G Versa Series showing the sump and filter better. please see the new pics on the 42G Versa series page:

http://www.cadlights.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=61_74&products_id=306

the Refugium area is made for multiple use, so it is quite large for mostly anything you may need.

Thanks

Scott

This is a bummer I just received my tank about 3 1/2 weeks ago more less, and I just noticed now they come with a free ATO I should have waited :wacko: You guys were not offering to promotion. How many gallons is the ATO tank and does the package include the ATO and the tank?

Hi, Jorgieee

I apologize for that. the Artisan ATO system is new and we are doing a limited time offer to promote it. the reservoir tank itself is 2.25G. the Artisan ATO system comes with:

(1) 2.25G (diamond polished rimless) Artisan style

(1) Peristaltic pump and water tube

(1) Magnetic slideable height adjusting electronic float switch

No worries, call us tomorrow and I will see what I can do for you since you just recently purchased the Versa system.

Thanks

Scott

Ok scott thanks I appreciate it ! I believe I spoke with Jason earlier today because you were not in the office. He told me he is going to speak with you, and see if you guys can figure out something hopefully I can get one of these ATO that would be awesome thanks again !

• 1 year later...

I just received my 42 Versa and the sump I received has a tiny middle chamber, probably only big enough for maybe a filter sponge. One of the reasons I ordered it was because of this thread. Did I receive the incorrect sump?

I also recently received a versa 42 and sump. Not sure what to do with such a small middle chamber. Too small for a refugium - way to difficult to maintain.

I also recently received a versa 42 and sump. Not sure what to do with such a small middle chamber. Too small for a refugium - way to difficult to maintain.

I agree the tiny fuge isn't much good for anything but some sand or rubble. I cut out the baffles on the skimmer compartment side and re-glued to fit my BM curve 5. Gave me at least an additional 2 inches. Huge pain cutting them out as the glass fits tightly and hard to get a knife through the silicone. I almost think its to small of fuge section and CAD should just remove the middle compartment. I do like having a fuge for various reasons even though they arent completely necessary.

That sounds like a good idea. The skimmer compartment is generously sized to pull that modification off. making that 2" section 4" would make a big difference.

I agree the tiny fuge isn't much good for anything but some sand or rubble. I cut out the baffles on the skimmer compartment side and re-glued to fit my BM curve 5. Gave me at least an additional 2 inches. Huge pain cutting them out as the glass fits tightly and hard to get a knife through the silicone. I almost think its to small of fuge section and CAD should just remove the middle compartment. I do like having a fuge for various reasons even though they arent completely necessary.

I agree on the fuge area. I had a Versa 42 also but the pic above is not the sump that comes with the 42........I got the sump and contacted them as I was not happy either.

Saw your build thread spectra - I was also looking at the tigger systems sump, but since I had an extra hole drilled for a herbie setup - the single drain on that sump wouldn't be ideal in my application. Looks great in that stand you built though. Good luck!

Saw your build thread spectra - I was also looking at the tigger systems sump, but since I had an extra hole drilled for a herbie setup - the single drain on that sump wouldn't be ideal in my application. Looks great in that stand you built though. Good luck!

Tank is long gone and moved on to a bigger one.

Archived