Top Shelf Aquatics

Help me choose a mate/partner for my rabbitfish

lkoechle

My solar wrasse, Helo, found the little gap between my tank and lid and jumped this morning. Then I stepped on him...'Nuff said. My poor Usagi (scribbled rabbit fish) is pretty traumatized by suddenly being "mateless". She's stayed in a corner all morning and isn't her normal peppy self. She's back to how she was before I introduced Helo. She was very shy and timid before I got the wrasse, I really think she's a fish who needs a buddy in order to be happy.

So, I need a new open swimming fish for her to be buddies with. I don't want another solar wrasse, it's too soon for me to see another "Helo" in the tank. I'm open to almost anything except dwarf angels, we're getting a coral beauty/flame angel pair, but not until we're done stocking the rest of the fish. I need suggestions to start researching and maybe get her a buddy in the next week or two.

So, who do you think my lady should partner with?

PS we're building a more secure lid today...

10498038_10204764439203453_9146734226983

RIP Helo

bump. What about a Kole eye tang? Anyone have experience keeping these two together? LFS said it shouldn't be a problem, some aggression might happen at the intro but that it should settle since both are generally peaceful tank mates. Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Foxface have been model citizens with just about every fish in my experience. Kole tangs, yellow tangs, doesn't really matter unless it's another foxface, and it still might not matter.

I got her a kole tang. Seems to like him during the day but still bunks with the mandarin at night... stupid fish...

Archived