Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Real life nemo?

righttirefire

righttirefire

I don't name my fish and this wasn't my fish. I do find it funny people name their fish after Finding Nemo.

I was at my LFS last night and opening this morning. It's a game for me to find errors in their tanks. It's a brother owned and operated shop and they put in the time. This morning I jokingly said, "that must be a pretty tough occy to live with a ray (Stanley)" he looked at me like I had 2 heads, still sleeping I think. He turned around a found a little clown in the wrong system. We can only assume the little occy jumped from his tank, found himself in the lower tank system, 1.025 salinity to 1.015 salinity, Into the return, through the external pump, and into Stanley ' s tank.

I think I want that little occy. Obviously it's tougher than nails.

You dont name your fish???? Would you call your dog "dog"?

Depends on level of frustration with said "dog".

Jk, I don't name my fish either for fear of suicide attempts.

Back in the day I knew a bad ass chick whos Rotts name was D O G. She said it fast so we thought it was Deogee, until I went with her to take it to the vet one day and the papers said D O G. She wasn't the smartest chick, but man was she fun.... and fun to be around because of shit like that LOL

righttirefire

I've never named my fish. I'm pretty attached to my gobies. "Dingus" my gf named it. And my diamond goby is my favorite. I have Hank the astrhiea snail and Dingus the yellow clown goby. Everyone else is unnamed. But should I bring "Nemo" home. I don't have a clown yet, but was planning on a bubble tip than clowns

I only name some of my fish, and pets, for example one crabs name is Kong but his brethren are nameless, one lizards name is Hulk but several others are nameless, one fish I named Goby, one frog I call Fats, one chicken I named Nugget, one lizard I named Red, and the list goes on lol.

I've never named my fish. I'm pretty attached to my gobies. "Dingus" my gf named it. And my diamond goby is my favorite. I have Hank the astrhiea snail and Dingus the yellow clown goby. Everyone else is unnamed. But should I bring "Nemo" home. I don't have a clown yet, but was planning on a bubble tip than clowns

name him Samson lol, he was pretty tough.
righttirefire

All my dogs have had names, even cats. It's a good thing I don't have kids they'd be kid number 1 until there personality developed. Than I'd have ####tard, nerd, and drop out

I have not decided to bring her home. But she's a pretty little occy. I just hate clowns that host heaters or power heads. And my torch is little and retracts at night...

SchnauzerFace

My wife and I name just about everything we put into the tank-- fish (Nori the Kole Eyed Tang, Moby the Goby and Jill the PJ Cardinal), shrimp (Midas the gold coral banded and Ahab, Moby's pistol shrimp partner), emerald crabs (Perry Mason ... who replaced our beloved Ozzy, RIP), serpent sea star (Legs), urchins (Pinko), turbo snails (Marlon and Mulg). Even some corals. She calls the frogspawn "Finger Face."

My wife and I name just about everything we put into the tank-- fish (Nori the Kole Eyed Tang, Moby the Goby and Jill the PJ Cardinal), shrimp (Midas the gold coral banded and Ahab, Moby's pistol shrimp partner), emerald crabs (Perry Mason ... who replaced our beloved Ozzy, RIP), serpent sea star (Legs), urchins (Pinko), turbo snails (Marlon and Mulg). Even some corals. She calls the frogspawn "Finger Face."

lol, are the polychaetes names also or no.
Polarcollision

Eh, we had a guniea pig named Piggy and a cat named Poppa Kitty as a kid. Not so creative, but you know how group decisions go...

You know those dogs that are so ugly they start looking cute? That's how I think of 'Nemo'. So kitchy it had to be done.

arashsheikhpoor

I didnt really name my fish either until my Gf decided they needed them. She thought it would be easier if they had names than if I calle them by their common names.

righttirefire

Seems the common theme here is the guy is content without naming the first, but once a woman is involved they get named. I told mine a named fish is more likely to die than an unnamed fish. Just like we tell kids when the ice cream truck drives around with its music on it's announcing the truck is out of ice cream

CatfishSoupFTW

Depends on level of frustration with said "dog".

Jk, I don't name my fish either for fear of suicide attempts.

my fish go through a probation period, to pass the suicide, or die for no reason period - if they make it that far, then they deserve a name. usually something ridiculous. hahah

Archived