Jebao DC-6000

Jebao DP-4

Tunze Osmolator nano

BRS dual reactor

Reefkeeper Lite Plus

Lighting

DIY quad nanobox + extra violet and dual LET Miro-4 T5

Bluefish mini? (no clue when it ships)

Advanced acrylics were outstanding. I ordered the sump on a Sunday night and had it on my door 3 days later. Don't think you can beat that for a custom sump.

Going to be using seaboard for the bottom of the tank instead of sand.

Finally man it's been almost a year since I sold you the mame

I can't wait to see this build

Haha yeah it has. I have been gathering equipment little by little.

Spiderguardnano

My vertex was a B to adjust its running in about 5" of water crazy lol

Can't wait man hit me up if you need zoas

My vertex was a B to adjust its running in about 5" of water crazy lol

Can't wait man hit me up if you need zoas

Sump is setup for 7.5" of water.

nice equipment list. Tagging along on this one for sure. Whats ETA on getting everything wet?

The tank used to be planted so I cleaned it out this morning and its sitting with some bleach right now. I'm picking up the seaboard during lunch today along with 30g of natural seawater. I have to get the tubing to install the mame as well.

The last thing I have to do as well is modify my TDK lambda power supply for the LEDs with a quieter noctua fan.

I am shooting for Saturday having it ready.

I kinda went overboard on the filtration so hope the water won't be too clean.

I will be auto dosing 2-part, magnesium, and potassium from Continuum. Also have KZ nano power, coral snow, and lugol's EX.

So I'm thinking about going actinic crazy with the lights. The light consists of 4x V2 nanobox pucks and then I have 4x of the rapidled quad core violets. The violet LEDs are almost invisible to the eye but put out some serious PAR by themselves. Then on top of that I have a quad LET Miro-4 kit but not sure if installing all 4 with the new Giesemann super actinic bulbs will be way too much PAR and destroy everything.

I kinda went overboard on the filtration so hope the water won't be too clean.

I will be auto dosing 2-part, magnesium, and potassium from Continuum. Also have KZ nano power, coral snow, and lugol's EX.

Indeed, Vertex Omega 130 for 20G + sump water volume? Serious skimming power. That skimmer is rated up to 100G so I guess that doesn't sound too crazy.

So I'm thinking about going actinic crazy with the lights. The light consists of 4x V2 nanobox pucks and then I have 4x of the rapidled quad core violets. The violet LEDs are almost invisible to the eye but put out some serious PAR by themselves. Then on top of that I have a quad LET Miro-4 kit but not sure if installing all 4 with the new Giesemann super actinic bulbs will be way too much PAR and destroy everything.

4x Nanobox pucks? (didn't get the V3?) with 4x T5? I thought 2x V3 NB Pucks were good for a 20G-ish tank alone.

I think you need a bigger tank!

Indeed, Vertex Omega 130 for 20G + sump water volume? Serious skimming power. That skimmer is rated up to 100G so I guess that doesn't sound too crazy.

4x Nanobox pucks? (didn't get the V3?) with 4x T5? I thought 2x V3 NB Pucks were good for a 20G-ish tank alone.

I think you need a bigger tank!

I bought the pucks last year and have had them running on a big tank. The big tank is coming down because I need to downsize so lights are moving over.

I bought the pucks last year and have had them running on a big tank. The big tank is coming down because I need to downsize so lights are moving over.

Cool, looking forward to seeing this pulled together

Finished my dosing container. Each compartment holds ~3L of chemicals. Not bad for $10 in scrap acrylic.

IMG_20150406_223403.jpg

Going to be using seaboard for my bottom. I found a nice sand colored sheet at my local acrylics shop.

IMG_20150406_224216.jpg

Tank is finally clean and disinfected. Tomorrow is fill day.

And we are filled! Camera is having a very hard time taking a pic with the LED as I can see the flicker.

Going to have to get a gate valve so I can tune the MAME though as I am having a really hard time dialing it in. My DC pump flow is either too much or not enough. The thing works like a charm though and I did a bunch of simulated power outages and siphon restarted every single time.

Pic time!

DSC00310.JPG

Working on scape but I like the minimal look. My big maxima will be going in the middle between the two islands.

Sexy mame and figured out how to tune it. My Jebao DC-6000 is quite powerful so have it on lowest setting. Doesn't skip a beat even after loss of power.

DSC00311.JPG

BRS dual reactor on the side of besta stand.

DSC00312.JPG

Sump area. Microbubble madness from Vertex skimmer but it's expected as it's breaking in. No bubbles actually make it to display.

DSC00313.JPG

Lights which consist 4x nanobox pucks with 4x quad core violets. Running them at half power and getting 160 PAR at the bottom. Haven't decided if I want to add 2x T5 with actinics.

DSC00314.JPG

I still have to install my RKL and dosing pump. Going to be making a little box with wheels that will go behind the tank which will house all the power stuff. All I will have to do is roll it out to check on stuff. Clam and corals are being moved tomorrow.

Video time! You can see how silent the mame overflow is. I love that thing.

I am still figuring out the lights. Quad nanobox pucks are stupid powerful on a tank this big. Running at 50% and my frogspawn is still mad at me.

This is my maxima under just the LEDs. Picture hasn't been modified in any way. Nanobox pucks are just that good.

Also got two ORA frags today. Joe the Coral and Red Dragon. Now just looking for Pearlberry, Oregon Tort, and Verde.

IMG_20150412_152611.jpg

Stuff has stabilized and now my maxima is opening up real wide during the day. My Joe the Coral also has awesome polyp extension when lights are on but it's hard to get a picture. I have a raynox DCR-150 close up lens on the way for better macro shooting.

IMG_20150416_160130.jpg

I got this aussie "toxic" goniopora on tuesday. I have been feeding it zooplankton and it's starting to have good tentacle extension.

IMG_20150416_160058.jpg

I have this baby coming Tuesday to keep my maxima company.

2andhalfinch-ultra-color-derasa-clam-88.

Also have a frag of ORA Pearlberry coming which I paid an arm and leg for but should be worth it along with Verde and Tricolor Valida. The big rock on the right will be the SPS rock and will house the following:

Red Dragon

ORA Joe the Coral

ORA Red Planet

ORA Pearlberry

ORA Verde

ORA Tricolor Valida

Rock on the left will be euphillia rock and has frogspawn and octospawn. Trying to get my hands on a gold torch locally to finish out the trio. The frogspawn was almost dead when I put it in the tank but it's bouncing back little by little.

My starboard bottom is quite dirty but a big CUC from John arrives tomorrow to clean house. After I get the gold torch I am done with stocking and will just let tank grow. Want to keep it somewhat simple.

Weirdly enough my PAR is not very high at all and my SPS and clam are thriving. The bottom only gets ~150 PAR and SPS are getting between 160-170. The nanobox pucks are really spaced out so the entire tank gets lit and I can't see any shadow spots. It looks like I have a bunch of T5 bulbs instead of just LEDs. My color temp is somewhere ~12K.

Bluefish mini runs @

White channel - LDD-700H @ 55%

Blue channel - LDD-1000H @ 65%

Violet channel - LDD-1000H in parallel @ 50%

Tank looks great! There is a guy who usually has a huge booth at MAX with clams for great prices. You going up there this weekend?

Tank looks great! There is a guy who usually has a huge booth at MAX with clams for great prices. You going up there this weekend?

Yeah I am and I can't wait. I got that maxima last year at RAP from clam mania. Not sure if they are going to be at MAX. Wife and I are starting new house shopping in July so I already have the go ahead for a large tank when we move to bigger place. I will be getting a large CAD system this Saturday because of the deep max discount and will be storing it until we move. Haven't decided between the 70 and 100G Artisan II.

Are you going to max?

Archived