Cultivated Reef

Evolve 4: Renovation

LylaPico

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Softies are cool. I like the way they move in a good flow.

Yeah, she fans her fins out lit a kite and 'surfs' the current and scoots along the rocks. She definitely adds character to the tank. I was trying to cut back on water changes, I may have to keep it up. I was doing one every three days: first day I would sprinkle five pellets in the current so she would find them for a snack, day two I did a coral feed and wound up feeding her the same stuff, Day three do a water change. I had started to go to day four but I think that might be too much with her still adjusting. :(

Same here :).

Awesome cap! What day is graduation? :happydance:

cmccorkle2005

Picture update!

My fts

2i6xjc.jpg

and my Graduation cap!! Harry Potter fans, represent yo. lol

mtmkqc.jpg

Tank is really looking great! Congrats on graduation - I still remember what it felt like. I would sit at home at night and feel guilty like I should be doing something...

So I was looking at my tank the other day and found a white/clear flower looking thing about the size of a pin point propelling itself up to the top of the tank. It almost looked like tiny Jelly?

Imagine the bottom of your tank completely covered in rics!

Yes. Once I get my 29 started, it' probably going to be a rock nem garden.

You're gonna need a bigger boat.

It only the funds to fit 5 million existed. lol

So if noone knows what a nanobox is, here's a link to show you how awesome it is. (It's the lighting that I'm getting. I've already put back $100, just two more checks to go and I should have it before I move.) Also,

ALSO, I've decided to start labling how much I paid for everything for 2 reasons

1)So I can cry

2)So I can see how many loans aren't being paid off

3) (the real reason) So that people looking at my thread and are beginners don't just assume little tanks are less expensive because they're little.

I've heard that time and time again. "Oh, it's so little, I bet you didn't spend that much money on it. I want one." [my security guard at work.]

Okay this is not the case, if anything, I might have spent more than most just trying to find the right freaking lighting. So I'll be updating the first post soon with a list of prices. If I miss something point it out because I really would like this to be a part of this thread.

And also, thanks for following along!!

The tank is really starting to turn around in such a short time.

I think the idea of prices is a good idea, I don't think I fully appreciated how much they cost to set up and keep. then the corals!!!

On the positive side my LFS deals only in cash so it's hard to track transactions and the cost is negotiable with outstanding values of around $10 dollars to either of us depending on the change situation on the day, receipts are really only something that they give if you ask of it's a mechanical purchase rather then livestock.

The tank is really starting to turn around in such a short time.

I think the idea of prices is a good idea, I don't think I fully appreciated how much they cost to set up and keep. then the corals!!!

On the positive side my LFS deals only in cash so it's hard to track transactions and the cost is negotiable with outstanding values of around $10 dollars to either of us depending on the change situation on the day, receipts are really only something that they give if you ask of it's a mechanical purchase rather then livestock.

Aw. Thank you. Yeah. I love this hobby so much, when I finally realized I had just sort of let it go, I knew I had to fix it. Yeah, prices are pretty expensive for the little guys. I think it really depends on the area but man would I like to visit your lfs. It sounds awesome.

Still kind of alive. One more thing to turn in and then I'll be done with my undergraduate years forever. On the bright side. My parents are coming to town and I'm taking them to the lfs. :D Graduation presents may soon be obtained.

Still kind of alive. One more thing to turn in and then I'll be done with my undergraduate years forever. On the bright side. My parents are coming to town and I'm taking them to the lfs. :D Graduation presents may soon be obtained.

I remember those days. Exciting but scary...it's so much easier being a college student, even with all the studying LOL. Oh and yay for presents :happydance:.
ReefWeeds

Here's the fts I meant to include in the last picture update:

11loncg.jpg

Okay so here's the deal, I got a truelumen led strip (3 leds about 1 watt) and it's just sitting on the top of the tank. I plugged it into the existing light source via existing connectors so it runs off the same power source. This accomplished dimming the fixture I already had and increased the amount of blue light. Win. I'm still getting the nano box, but this is a temporary fix until I do.

Also, petsmart had a sale on their cyclops-eeze. I bought 2 packs for less than $10. B)

I bought two more Ricordea... yes... more. They were $16 a piece. omgomgomg Now I want 50 more but I have to save up for the nanobox. lol. LF is doing good. I did a wc yesterday after my feeding. I've been away baby sitting some grey hounds for a friend so I've missed prime time to feed the trumpets for the last week. They look fine, it's just that I want them to finish splitting and they seem to split a little more after each feeding.

On a personal note, I worked my normal job, baby sat a friend's grey hounds, and did a side job of checking people into a writing workshop for my english department. Needless to say I only got about 6 hours of sleep from Thursday night on into just Sunday morning. It was a struggle bus just to stay awake while standing, let alone keep up with my schedule. And this week is my last week of classes omgomgomg so.... one of the sleepless days (I really can't recall which.) I texted my friend having a break down due to lack of sleep and graduation stress and she gave me my graduation present early. It was a golden fish necklace. ha ha ha. She knows me so well. :happydance: Expect more updates as I procrastinate my life. ha ha ha ha!!!

Everything is looking so good!!!

Everything is looking so good!!!

thank you!! There's a huge algae bloom in it right now that I'll be taking care of tomorrow. I think the extra light has contributed to that.

I remember those days. Exciting but scary...it's so much easier being a college student, even with all the studying LOL. Oh and yay for presents :happydance:.

yeah, now I have to figure out what to do with my free time. I honestly don't know what I'll do with myself when I don't have a 6 page paper due every two weeks.

Also, everything is turned on, I sat thought the 4 hour ceremony and am now graduated. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Nice little tank im going to have to show my wife your graduation cap she loves Harry Potter. Also congratulations on Graduation.

Archived