SaltCritters.com

Evolve 4: Renovation

LylaPico

I have't posted in years, change in jobs and career. Wanna finally put together a nano-reef (had a 20L way back in the 90's when they said "small marine tanks" couldn't be done, and I thought the 20 was too big... ;) ).

Wanna get a evolve 4 - this seems like a great nano...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ricordea is cool - have never seen that before. You will have to post a FTS now that you have rearranged :)

Funny that you mention that. Miranda the hermit keeps knocking it down. I might have to put her in the third compartment for 24 hrs until the coralfix dries and I don't have to worry about it. So I've rearranged it four times. Once I get it settled I'll post one.

So I might be getting a Molly miller blenny tonight. My friend kinda dived into the hobby a little too quickly (Like I did) and he's a busy person so to make a long story short, his black clown pair died and there hasn't been a wc since he got it. And it's a 3G half moon. Sooooo.... He said the blenny didn't look too good before he went to work. Hopefully I can get him revitalized. I think this means I'll have to go a 10% wc ever day until he gets better though. :/

So I might be getting a Molly miller blenny tonight. My friend kinda dived into the hobby too quickly and he's a busy person so to make a long story short, his black clown pair died and there hasn't been a wc since he got it. And it's a 3G half moon. Sooooo.... He said the blenny didn't look too good before he went to work. Hopefully I can get him revitalized. I think this means I'll have to go a 10% wc ever day until he gets better though. :/

garlic will help with feed him and gaining strength

please elaborate. I've never heard of that. Anything that can help is welcome. I haven't seen him yet so I don't even know how tough he is.

please elaborate. I've never heard of that. Anything that can help is welcome. I haven't seen him yet so I don't even know how tough he is.

garlic is a natural supplement that can be used to boost the immune system, there are many different ways to dose it. Can be from a clove or a liquid supplement, all depends on what you prefer. I use it few times a month to improve the slime coat on my fish which helps fight off ilness.

garlic is a natural supplement that can be used to boost the immune system, there are many different ways to dose it. Can be from a clove or a liquid supplement, all depends on what you prefer. I use it few times a month to improve the slime coat on my fish which helps fight off ilness.

Thank you! Once I got her home and in the tank she's been okay.

I have't posted in years, change in jobs and career. Wanna finally put together a nano-reef (had a 20L way back in the 90's when they said "small marine tanks" couldn't be done, and I thought the 20 was too big... ;) ).

Wanna get a evolve 4 - this seems like a great nano...

Way cool!!! I love mine. If you're super OCD about scratches though, you do have to be careful. But it is pretty awesome. If you have any questions you can ask me.

So this is LF otherwise known as Little ####er. She would dominate the rock work in her old tank and wouldn't let anything near it.

3506l2a.jpg

She's been resilient so far so fingers crossed!!

small update: LF ate two or three bites this morning. She might be mad because I don't have as many holes in my rock work as her old home. although she did find the emerald's cave..... we'll see how that plays out.

So Little F is doing just fine. But Miranda the hermit crab keeps knocking over my rics and dislodging them. So I threw her butt in the the first chamber in The back of the tank and she may go visit my friend that gave me the blenny. Seriously. I've had to re-glue it like 5 times. :/ dang crab.

So for future reference, I'm looking at getting an nano box mini tide. I saw it on teenyreef's little set up and fell in love with the colors. :wub: Unfortunately, I'm a college student so I have to tuck some money away each check for one. This is also due to the fact that I should be saving up for a washer and dryer at the moment for when I move into my new apartment. Although I may just craigslist those to be honest.... :rolleyes: Priorities are in order. lol

PS. The supplemental beta heater wasn't a good idea. I almost cooked everything because it doesn't have a controller on it. No wonder the hammer still isn't happy. Poor guy. The rics are loving it though. Go figure.

cmccorkle2005

I've had several people tell me this over the years too - That garlic is a natural immune booster for fish and actually helps fend off parasites after acclimation or when they are sick. The Spectrum Pellets I am using in my tank now actually already have it added.

PS - He looks like he is doing good :)

She is. Fat thing. She ate almost .5ml of cyclopseeze and my lfs'so color pellets by herself. She even stole some from the emerald crab.

I own an Evolve 4 as a planted betta tank. I think this is really great to see one used for a reef tank. And successfully!

:blush: Daw. Thank you. Do you have a thread on yours? I'd love to see it because I've always wanted another one as a shrimp tank.

Get ready for all the pictures!!! (Sorry I don't have a fancy camera. I'll get my art major friend to take some pics at some point.)

fts (04/16/15)

xor2x4.jpg

Gus chowing down.

312wt9f.jpg

And a blurry close up of the dippin' dots ric.

nntx8z.jpg

cmccorkle2005

Get ready for all the pictures!!! (Sorry I don't have a fancy camera. I'll get my art major friend to take some pics at some point.)

fts (04/16/15)

xor2x4.jpg

Gus chowing down.

312wt9f.jpg

And a blurry close up of the dippin' dots ric.

nntx8z.jpg

The tank looks great - Amazing how much you have in that little space. Gus is an emerald? He looks white in the pic...

The tank looks great - Amazing how much you have in that little space. Gus is an emerald? He looks white in the pic...

Yeah, he is an emerald. Yeah, the shipment they got in were all white washed. They weren't sure why but he's actually more colored than some of the others that were in the same tank.

So the Orange ric is actually already splitting. It's dividing into three heads on one, three on the other. The pinching process is almost complete, I'll get pics tomorrow, lights are already out. LIttle F is still doing good. Fed her a few pellets this morning. I'll do a full feeding tomorrow and try to get pics.

:blush: Daw. Thank you. Do you have a thread on yours? I'd love to see it because I've always wanted another one as a shrimp tank.

I do but it is on another forum. Not sure what the rules are around here LOL. It is nothign special, although I think I am the only one to find a better way to reduce the flow. There are a lot of ways, I just think mine is the most efficient. And for the media section, I basically have the same setup you would find in an Aquaclear 70, so it will basically last forever.

Archived