Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Sage's NUVO 20

sageblade24

I moved towns recently and couldn't move my aquarium with me so I had to take it all down. I'd like to get one going again at work once I'm all settled in and would like to do a AIO for simplicity. I already have a bunch of equipment I could use and am leaning towards the fusion 20. Could you tell me about what you're running in the back? skimmer? any media? a Picture would be extremely helpful if possible.I have a maxspect razor 120w LED light which would fit perfectly over this aquarium. a small koralia powerhead and a tunze one too, and a hydor ATO system. I want to make it as easy to care for as possible since it's at work. I have a tunze 9004 skimmer but no clue if it will fit in the back or not.

Thanks for you help!

sageblade24

Setup ghost skimmer and plan on water change on Saturday.

I moved towns recently and couldn't move my aquarium with me so I had to take it all down. I'd like to get one going again at work once I'm all settled in and would like to do a AIO for simplicity. I already have a bunch of equipment I could use and am leaning towards the fusion 20. Could you tell me about what you're running in the back? skimmer? any media? a Picture would be extremely helpful if possible.I have a maxspect razor 120w LED light which would fit perfectly over this aquarium. a small koralia powerhead and a tunze one too, and a hydor ATO system. I want to make it as easy to care for as possible since it's at work. I have a tunze 9004 skimmer but no clue if it will fit in the back or not.

Thanks for you help!

What I have:

Ghost skimmer

dual spin streams

75 watt heater

Dual homemade media baskets

nano koralia pump pushing across the tank lengthwise

tune osmolator for ato

165watt led

That's about it so far.

Cencalfishguy56

Setup ghost skimmer and plan on water change on Saturday.

What I have:

Ghost skimmer

dual spin streams

75 watt heater

Dual homemade media baskets

nano koralia pump pushing across the tank lengthwise

tune osmolator for ato

165watt led

That's about it so far.

Interested in making same baskets can you tell me how you did it please lol

How do you find the Ghost skimmer? I hear so many mixed reviews on it, it's hard to get a good read. It would be nice to use it Since it was designed to work in the tank but I hear it's pretty awful with mirco bubbles.

And does the back have a cover you could peel off so I could cut a hole out to put in a small fuge?

sageblade24

How do you find the Ghost skimmer? I hear so many mixed reviews on it, it's hard to get a good read. It would be nice to use it Since it was designed to work in the tank but I hear it's pretty awful with mirco bubbles.

And does the back have a cover you could peel off so I could cut a hole out to put in a small fuge?

Not many bubbles but I have only had it on for a couple of days. It's pretty loud.

sageblade24

And the covering on the back? can you tell if it is removable?

You can cut the back wall with a razer blade. The IM video for installing the nano fuge light demonstrates this.

sageblade24

Interested in making same baskets can you tell me how you did it please lol

I bought 2 sheets of 1/8 inch acrylic from a local plastics shop.

I measured the space in the compartment and also used the designs for the other media baskets.

I only have a jigsaw so i double taped the spots I cut. I used the stove to soften the acrylic for the handle and taped off the portion i didn't want to bend.

I used a drill to make the holes in the rack pieces which are being held in the basket with scrap pieces of acrylic. Once everything was cut I used solvent to bind everything together.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice looking tank! How are you liking those overflows. They really do ad a couple gallon to the tank.

Love the tsb! My favourite fish :-).

sageblade24

Nice looking tank! How are you liking those overflows. They really do ad a couple gallon to the tank.

Love the tsb! My favourite fish :-).

My only concern with the overflows is that the plastic clips that hold them to the wall could be longer. To keep the screen flush with the top of the tank and also prevent water from creeping up the clips that hold the screen in place I have to lower the overflows until the clear plastic clips barely hold onto the overflows.

This isn't really an issue because the force of the water on the overflow holds them in place but it does concern me slightly that they may release from the clips and potentially crush a coral or two.

• 1 month later...

Archived