Cultivated Reef

Sage's NUVO 20

sageblade24

sageblade24

Downsized from a 29 Biocube to this aquarium. Originally it was suppose to be setup in my office at work but since being hired somewhere else that was no longer possible. Decided to instead downsize and try to make the best of it.

Equipment:

Tank: NUVO Fusion 20 Gallon

Stand: Custom built Stand (29"x24"x30")

Light: Reef Radiance LED Fixture (165w)

Expected Fish:

Clown pair (Platinum and Ocellaris)
Tail Spot Blenny < http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+23+2229&pcatid=2229 >

Dragonet \ Pipefish \ or a goby

Expected Corals:

Mixed but mostly softies and LPS (Zoanthids and Euphyllia)

Current FTS:

1480583_10153835672857891_87418403245112

sageblade24

Blank slate. Almost limitless potential.

I still have a 10 gallon containing what remains of my 29 gallon until this tank has cycled.

I will more than likely sell most of it so I can start new but I will be keeping the clown pair mentioned in my expected fish list.

sageblade24

Looks like you are about ready for your CUC.

Going to wait till saturday and run another test. The algae seems to be growing exponentially.

It will too. Try to keep ahead of it so it doesn't take so long for the CUC to do their jobs. The tendency is to overstock the CUC to catch up after the algal bloom. Then once it is under control you have too many snails/hermits and they start looking for other sources of food or starve.

sageblade24

No water changes. I removed any remnants of the scallop I dropped in to prevent any more decay. I also picked up some microbacter7 and began dosing on saturday.

sageblade24

So last weekend I purchased some 1/8" acrylic sheets to fabricate my own media baskets.

I once made one for my Biocube 29 which was rough but worked well.

I need to make 2 so I taped two sheets together to ensure the cuts are identical.

Once I have all the pieces cut then I will use a solvent to bind them together.

How loud are your spistreams?

I have one in my fusion 20 connected to a 253gph pump. I was really surprised at how loud the gears on the spin stream were.

Good luck with the tank. Waiting out a cycle sucks!!

sageblade24

How loud are your spistreams?

I have one in my fusion 20 connected to a 253gph pump. I was really surprised at how loud the gears on the spin stream were.

Good luck with the tank. Waiting out a cycle sucks!!

They were pretty loud when I first started using them. Now it's not that bad and I can't hear them unless the room is dead silent.

sageblade24

Nice to see some color in there.

I feel the same way :P

Not too pretty but will do the job.

Made 2 of them for about $20.

Archived