SaltCritters.com

How long is Red Sea Coral Salt Pro mix good for?

Mojado

I was given a bucket that is two thirds full about two years ago. It was stored inside for most of the time, only recently did I move the bucket to the garage. Since I was new to the hobby, mixing my own salt was just something else in an already overwhelming hobby, so I didn't attempt it. I think I'd like to do so now. . hopefully with the salt I was given two years ago.

Thoughts on whether the salt is any good still? Thanks!

porkchop-rob

if it has been sealed and has not gotten moisture to it, I assume it will be good.

I second the thought to mix some as a test and make sure it all dissolves and tests ok

i'd mix some up and test it just to be sure

Yeah, if alk, calc, and mag are good, I'd assume everything else would be too, huh?

if it has been sealed and has not gotten moisture to it, I assume it will be good.

I second the thought to mix some as a test and make sure it all dissolves and tests ok

It doesn't look like moisture has gotten to it, though I have no reference to how the salt mix should normally look.

• 3 weeks later...

If it isn't in hard chunks, it should be fine. just roll it in the bucket a few times to mix it real well. this is actually good advice whenever doing a water change, no matter what salt you use.

Archived