Coral Vue Hydros

Tank Journal: So Sinuous

Azedenkae

Permanent Aquarium Status

This is my tank journal for my bonsai aquarium. the above link is to the permanent aquarium status post, which may be more updated than this.

But otherwise this should be very well updated.

The purpose of this tank is to create a 'mini-reef', with a single Sinuous Bubble Coral (Plerogyra sinuosa) as the centerpiece and singular intentional coral species/individual, as I will start with just that. Plan is to just let it go, and maybe introduce some tiny critters to liven up the aquarium.

This contains the most updated information on my aquarium, tentatively named 'So Sinuous'.

So without further adieu, tank info:

-------------------------

Current Full Tank Shot

N/A

Aquarium Setup

Manufacturer: Aqua One

Model: BettaBloc (Black) - 56119BK

Setup: Tank w/ Aqua One Clear View 75 Hang-On-Back Filter

Dimensions: 10cm x 10cm x 10cm

Total Volume: Approx. 1 litre/0.26 gallon

Equipments

Lighting: N/A

Heater: Aqua One 10w Nano Heater

Thermometer: N/A

Filtration System

Mechanical:

-N/A

Biological:

-1/2 Marine Pure 2" Cube

Chemical:

-N/A

Current Stock

Corals:

-N/A

Fish:

-N/A

Invertebrates:

-N/A

Others:

-N/A

-------------------------

That's all for the specs!

So the sole filtration media for this tank was initially a cube of Marine Pure, with half in the display and the other half broken into two pieces in the hang-on filter. Nothing else.

With my favourite fish jumping and my heart breaking into pieces, I moved the larger aquarium on. I added whatever macroalgae was left from the other tank, and some sand, so I guess that is part of it too.

Cycled how I always do, pureed seafood, and things are looking good. I haven't tested it again as I haven't been bothered to do anything complicated. Still very sad about the lost of my favourite fish - the only one I've named out of all the fish I kept since I was five even.

This post is really the first big-ish thing I managed to do.

I also hatched some brine shrimp in there actually, which will eventually be food for the coral once I add it in a few days/weeks time:

https://youtu.be/zPspCWrQmS4

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Coral is doing super well still, shrimp has been sold. Seeking something else to add to the tank, like sponges maybe. Something that won't be able to take over the coral.

Someone did ask about the equipments I used, so here's a youtube video of the tank:

Archived