SaltCritters.com

Dropped's Reef

dropped

HarryPotter

Cheers mate, i think the two tanks would look better if i had a real camera, and knew how to use it haha.

Ive got no idea what im going to fill it up with yet, ive got my two clowns ordered and a BTA, apart from that, ill have to wait and see.

I found a bargain on a Maxspect razor 160w, so i ordered it even though its going to be 10cm to long for the tank haha, its also my excuse for when i want to upgrade to a larger tank... "ive got the light, so why not" haha

Here is my cycle results for the last 20 days

attachicon.gifcycle.JPG

Im not sure if adding clowns and an anemone is the right thing to do if the tank hasn't even properly cycled, no?

• Like 1

Im not sure if adding clowns and an anemone is the right thing to do if the tank hasn't even properly cycled, no?

haha They are all on hold for me, Im not putting anything in there until cycled.

Im in no rush to put anything in there, that would be a waste of money if they died, and i dont want to kill anything.

Cycle has been running for three weeks today, Ammonia is on the way down, NO2&3 are no where to be seen.

Could my macro algae be consuming all the NO2&3?

• Like 1

All my levels are now starting to come down, only getting a little bit of algae on the sand bed, this could be due to the fuge and reverse lighting schedule i have running.

at this rate it will have cycled by next week.

Also have some sweet little bugs running around in the fuge, not idea if they are good ones or not but i guess ill soon see.

Four weeks in and this is all the diatoms i have.

2f9efabc61690d44d0d6f7ff339560c8.jpg

My macro algae and reverse lighting cycle seems to be doing the trick, the macro is growing very well also.

All my levels are pretty good, ready for fish this weekend, no need for a clean up crew yet as there is nothing for them to eat.

• Like 1

Yea the Razor 160w, bit over kill but got it at a good price, and i can upgrade the tank later on and not need to change the light.

• Like 1

Yea the Razor 160w, bit over kill but got it at a good price, and i can upgrade the tank later on and not need to change the light.

welcome to the razor club! :D

• Like 1

Thanks mate!

Having an issue with it though, i put it on auto which is meant to turn off at 10pm but it doesnt!!

Might go back to the presets, most likley user error haha

• 1 month later...
I might be running out of space.....
d48799c48c173088ed3a92c3b6da3cca.jpg
Fts
816ddb428ce774c78acbd203cfad4b7c.jpg
Have now been using the bubble Magnus auto dose to dose the Red Sea foundations supplements A, B, C at 1ml per day.
What do you think of my results compared to last week?
56bb16151599ac1cbbf71a941f1b3f52.jpg

Last weeks results.
90a0b6390e3341bb5d5b686687dc0b9b.jpg

Would you say those results are optimal? or shall I just leave it there, and not chase numbers?

1ml per day is going to be cheap in the long run I guess, would only have to replace the supplements yearly haha.

The tank is mostly full of zoas, lps and two very easy to keep sps.

Found that some of my green zoas were disappearing, wasn't to sure what was going on.

8b2214a674d84614c6ccda875fb1005c.jpg

c50ec95ef96e8ebc513cccccca5fe68f.jpg

another local reefer suggested that I dip the zoa as it could be a nudibranch or something along those lines, and he wasnt wrong, i found a zoa eating spider when i dipped all my zoas last night.

35f3f8a7309651cde70924e1fbd19052.jpg

a1d0d4ccc4065af36860a51e1b139df6.jpg

I have dipped every coral going into my tank so not sure how it got in there, maybe it survived a dip? this time i went with a pretty strong dose of the saechem reef dip.

Maybe i should switch to coralRX, which im told is a lot better.

• 4 weeks later...

Bit of an update, have added a heap of coral and had a small rescape.

Moved all of the wiring out of the sump area, has cleaned it up alot, just need to get the white stickies off the door now.

4434e656b4e0a6a57a2e7d7fa29647ea.jpg

Got this light for 17 bucks from Mitre10, added another 6500k 10watt led light so now there are two. The macro was growing ok before but not very fast, maybe this might speed it up.

90164719715abf1bbfd4bb221fb0a4d0.jpg

Will need to replace these liquid supplements with the powder version soon, unless the uptake slows down

d41e732e89c67f92720e644e9a39c19e.jpg

You can see ive put all of the controllers on the side of the tank now

12426a3726154639c5476e22d1c16281.jpg

and ill need to get rid of some coral soon, just to keep it simple

d5012dbeaba60087fd12e95283aa614e.jpg

• Like 2