Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Red growth on glass?

dgphelps

spaghetti worm.

I think spaghetti worms have all the strands originating from a single point (mouth?). I don't know what it is though!

It is more plant like (I think) than a spaghetti worm. I was thinking sponge but I can't find anything like it on the net. Hopefully someone can clarify or confirm. I cleaned the algae everywhere but ended up leaving that.

Also it never moves noticeably. Very static in appearance.

Definitely no reaction if poked. I'll leave it be and see what happens. I might be able to get a small piece under a microscope anything I can do to help shed light on marine fungi if that is what it is?

Definitely no reaction if poked. I'll leave it be and see what happens. I might be able to get a small piece under a microscope anything I can do to help shed light on marine fungi if that is what it is?

can you get pics with your microscope?

I'll try some time today. A large section is gone, but there is still enough I think I could try to scrape and suck with an eye dropper to get enough to put under the scope. Fingers crossed!

I'll try some time today. A large section is gone, but there is still enough I think I could try to scrape and suck with an eye dropper to get enough to put under the scope. Fingers crossed!

make sure to leave a good portion intact to continue growing, many macroscopic marine fungi can add a good variety in tanks, they are too often viewed as evil by many reefers.

Haven't figured out how to isolate some to view under the microscope. I will try this weekend when I drain the tank for a water change. I noticed more on another wall so hopefully I'll have enough to use. While it doesn't actively mood, it changes almost daily - new bits grow, other pieces vanish, maybe the snails are eating it, not sure.

If you have a dropper, cut a chunk off, suck it up, place the drop on a slide and you should be good to go

A little paper can be used to absorb some extra water

It's tiny and deep in the tank. So I'll have to do a full drain to have a chance. There is a very small amount on the back acrylic near the top so I might shoot for that first and then if that fails move to the larger one at the bottom. I might also snap a shot daily, it seems to reconfigure a lot, wondering it if has some means of locomotion or is just growing and getting eaten as I mention above. If it moves on its own it is very slowly over the day.

It's tiny and deep in the tank. So I'll have to do a full drain to have a chance. There is a very small amount on the back acrylic near the top so I might shoot for that first and then if that fails move to the larger one at the bottom. I might also snap a shot daily, it seems to reconfigure a lot, wondering it if has some means of locomotion or is just growing and getting eaten as I mention above. If it moves on its own it is very slowly over the day.

good idea, keep me posted.

That thing is awesome looking

Archived