Top Shelf Aquatics

Lost most LPS

tdannhauser30

tdannhauser30

So most of my LPS has been suffering horribly. hammer and favia dead, chalice, frogspawn, and my favorite piece, like a 9 head torth Ive grown out from 3 heads dead :tears: are all almost dead. My paramaters are all well within normal Nitrate and trite 0, ammonia 0, salinity 1.024 phosphate reads zero, calcium carbonate although I dont remember the exact number was within the proper zone. Anyway Im pretty sure its brown jelly because 1 its only affecting my LPS, 2 I thought I may have saw signs of it on my torch maybe a month ago and 3 while ive been away at school my brother decided to do some re scaping, in which im wondering if any corals were subject to abuse. My original thinking was that it was the red algea remover I put in but after numerous water changes, poly pads, etc no changes. I have no quarantine tank set up and am away at school ( going home for the weekend today) so I have to watch them die in my display tank :( . Im trying to look at it as the glass half full, thinking I can get new corals now but im going to be so nervous putting them in. Is there any reason once these all die that I shouldnt put new corals in? obviously soft corals are doing fine in the tank but Im worried whatever LPS I put in is just going to die. Does brown jelly live in the water and will it still be present once affected pieces are removed? Sorry for the length of this and to whomever reads all of it, thank you very much.

Archived