inTank Media Baskets

Slowtwitch Build #2

Slowtwitch

Thanks. Too bad the one in the front of those pictures committed suicide over the weekend.

Dude love the rock scape here.
These too :D

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. Too bad the one in the front of those pictures committed suicide over the weekend.

Well crap.

I have a little green one that I think split and the other half got hit by a power head (my jebao) it's doing good now but way smaller than when I got it from lawn. It's sitting in a float box in the tank and I've been feeding it 2-3 times a week a variety of stuff.

• 1 month later...

The tank continues to hum along here. Been adding a few leathers to this tank one at a time as I find cool things. Thinking this will evolve into a softie tank with a few more nems and leathers along with nice big palys.

The corals seem to really like the T5 light on this tank, but I can't say I love it. Really thinking of trying to find a decent hybrid to get better LED coloration.

Sk8n Reefer

The tank continues to hum along here. Been adding a few leathers to this tank one at a time as I find cool things. Thinking this will evolve into a softie tank with a few more nems and leathers along with nice big palys.

The corals seem to really like the T5 light on this tank, but I can't say I love it. Really thinking of trying to find a decent hybrid to get better LED coloration.

What light are you running? Why don't you like the T5's- what bulbs are you running?

What light are you running? Why don't you like the T5's- what bulbs are you running?

36 inch Aquatic life 4 bulb. Came with the tank. I run 1 10k, 1 12k, 1 blue, 1 purple. I tried adding an actinic but they only last a few days and burn out. Just not happy with the color pop. I get much nicer crisp color from the leds on my cube. I need to upgrade.
Sk8n Reefer

36 inch Aquatic life 4 bulb. Came with the tank. I run 1 10k, 1 12k, 1 blue, 1 purple. I tried adding an actinic but they only last a few days and burn out. Just not happy with the color pop. I get much nicer crisp color from the leds on my cube. I need to upgrade.

I got an ATI purple for my new hybrid- interested to see how that bulb works. Have you looked at Nanobox's hybrids?

HarryPotter

Just very briefly. The cost was a little shocking to be honest. I know everyone raves about how good they are, but yikes

YEP.

Nothing beats an ATI sun power lol if you're willing to go T5!

Sk8n Reefer

Just very briefly. The cost was a little shocking to be honest. I know everyone raves about how good they are, but yikes

Ya, I bit the bullet and went for it. T5's components are basically the same - the bulbs are what makes the difference but Dave uses high quality LED's and I think that's what separates him from Radion, ATI etc.

ATI- is even more expensive from what I've seen

• 1 month later...

Haven't posted anything here in a while so I figured I'd post up a couple crappy cell phone pics. Not a lot going on. Everything is humming along nicely for a change.

2015-09-30%2011.11.54_zps7vbcelsc.jpg

2015-09-30%2011.11.40_zpsvp4nansb.jpg

I love this!!!! Everything is so well balanced and lush :).

I actually started modelling some of this from looking at your tank when I noticed a lot of similar colors going in. Thanks for the inspiration. :flower:

Love these

2015-09-30%2013.52.49_zps8eakmtqi.jpg

I was told those were collected in Hawaii. I don't know if they have a name. They came in a frag pack from another member here.

Oh wow, when I saw you commenting on my thread I thought you were a noob as well, now I know better!

Get a black neon dottyback! I love their color and the fact they can change from bronze to jet black!

jedimasterben

They're actually zoanthids, not palys, they are Zoanthus gigantus. All 'people eater' strains are, and they all have very similar features. Palythoa species use sandy substrate in their mats, so they look and feel 'grainy' to the touch.

Oh wow, when I saw you commenting on my thread I thought you were a noob as well, now I know better!

Get a black neon dottyback! I love their color and the fact they can change from bronze to jet black!

Hehe. Still learning here. Been in freshwater all my life but only about a year in salt.

Full up on fish here for now. Already have six. Four of which should grow to pretty decent size.

I actually started modelling some of this from looking at your tank when I noticed a lot of similar colors going in. Thanks for the inspiration. :flower:

Awesome! No wonder I like it so much :flower:.

Wow, glad I actually looked at the home page for a change and saw this :) Looks good man! I'm gonna need a frag of those blue/purple lookin polyps when they grow out ;)

• 4 weeks later...

How's the tank coming along?

This one's humming along swimmingly. Working on a new setup that's proving to be a much bigger challenge.

Thanks for checking in!

Archived