Coral Vue Hydros

Quick question?

Seth fhy

I have a 10 gallon reef tanks that's a little over a year old. It's full of various corals. I want to get a 29 gal biocube, If I use new live sand and the existing 10 pounds of LR from my old tank and 15 new pounds of LR, would it be safe to add my fish and corals right away or not? Thanks

Cencalfishguy56

Should be, you will have the same exact bioload as before so nothing would change just a larger water volume

I have a 10 gallon reef tanks that's a little over a year old. It's full of various corals. I want to get a 29 gal biocube, If I use new live sand and the existing 10 pounds of LR from my old tank and 15 new pounds of LR, would it be safe to add my fish and corals right away or not? Thanks

go ahead, just don't add new fish/corals until a little later.

Using what you have stated from an existing tank (assuming it is going straight from one running tank into the other) you MAY get a small cycle/swing in parameters because of the move, just keep in mind the longer the rock is out of the water the more die off you get.

If your adding the extra 15lbs of new live rock, once again depending on how long it has been out of the water you can expect a cycle/swing in parameters.

Just keep an eye on everything and try to keep the time the rock is out of the water to a minimum, it also depends on your tanks ability to "metabolize" (couldn't think of a better word to describe it) any nutrients from die-off etc.

Just keep an eye on it, and remember that water changes trump all :happy:

Archived