Coral Vue Hydros

Gulf's ever evolving nano party mix tape!

gulfsurfer101

gulfsurfer101

Yeah, sweepers suck. And once they start it's hard to get them to quit.

Your telling me! That brain in my photos above never had sweepers that extended past a quarter inch. Nows its been sending them out major time past a full inch! I need that 75 up very soon.

Woah! Nice tank!

Why thank you my good sir. It's not too shabby for three months old and bottom of the barrel equipment!
  • Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gulfsurfer101

Here's a shot of the new torch I got from Glenn yesterday! So far I got a pretty decent torch collection going on and my sandbed is disappearing under ya feel yah! I don't mind at all.

20160206_113738_zpsrh6opb6d.jpg

20160206_113903_zpsi5d5h0oi.jpg

Unnamed polyp! Anyone have any clue as to what this might be?

20160206_113850_zpssbzcerik.jpg

Acan enchilada eating some sea weed lol!

20160206_113828_zpsb8ompntx.jpg

And this thing seems to be growing more heads like every other day! Funny because all the fb experts told me it be dead in a week lol!

20160206_113840_zpsvlroejwb.jpg

Guess they don't be knowing I ain't into killing corals! I'm into growing them ho's!

gulfsurfer101

Got something going here! Building my bulkhead box for my 75g. I was only playing around with the idea but I'm liking it so far. I'll drill it and see how it holds up. I'll just need to work on a skimmer box for the wetside. This box will be on the dryside set up for a beananimal overflow.

20160209_112246_zps0mrqmloa.jpg

Wet tile saw cuts through this thick glass like butta!

20160209_112255_zps15nmf1ix.jpg

gulfsurfer101

I'll be running a jebao dc6000 probably full blast into a manifold return. The box will be hidden by bookshelf so I'm not too concerned about the outside looks. I want it to be able to handle at least 2000gph of I ever decide to upgrade my return pump.

gulfsurfer101

Looks nice! I've got a wet tile saw just like that. You've got me thinking, hmmmm.

Slow and steady! I only screwed up one cut and cracked it at the end of the cut. I slowed down at the end of all the cuts and it worked out well.
gulfsurfer101

That box is huge! How big of an overflow will you be putting on the 75?

I thought about building a tiny nano for a minute instead lol! I was like just one more cut and I can build a mini tank lol! I also cut two pieces at 45° to support this box against the sidewall of the tank.
gulfsurfer101

Got the box drilled. I'll probably drill the tank this weekend and work on a skimmer box if I pick up some material in town!

20160210_150308_zpspa7uar3m.jpg

gulfsurfer101

Pretty excited to be picking up a few more sticks tomorrow. Depending on how much I spend on Valentine's for wife I may stop in the lfs and pick up another goby or two!

Got the box drilled. I'll probably drill the tank this weekend and work on a skimmer box if I pick up some material in town!

20160210_150308_zpspa7uar3m.jpg

I would be too scared to make my own glass box'a water

gulfsurfer101

I would be too scared to make my own glass box'a water

Quirt being such a pansy boy! It's fun to make your own wet box!
gulfsurfer101

Damn it man, I picked up some nice sticks today from Glenn(CGA) while I was in town and got a box of rocks from billy's reef connection delivered to my place out in the country, however I'm in the hospital overnight with my gf. They admitted her overnight because she had high blood pressure in her third trimester. I seriously hope this baby doesn't come 7 weeks early! I'm freaking out man! I was totally unprepared when I walked out my door this morning!

I hope she's doing well!

Do you have a thread for your 75g? What are you planning to do for the internal box? For my 33L (that's still dry as a bone) I cut one out of acrylic. It's in my thread if you want to look for some ideas!

gulfsurfer101

I hope she's doing well!

Do you have a thread for your 75g? What are you planning to do for the internal box? For my 33L (that's still dry as a bone) I cut one out of acrylic. It's in my thread if you want to look for some ideas!

I used to have a thread for it. I haven't bumped it in quite some time! My plan was to stop by the plastic shop on Friday while I was in town to price some abs. I was going to start in my build for the internal box but my plans got blown to shit! I had sps frags sitting in the truck that I was lucky Glenn was good enough to meet me in the parking lot and hold them for me! We're just now getting home and she's on bed rest till the baby is due in five more weeks before they induce. Thanks for the kind words. I was hoping for a less complicated scenario but now my 75g just got pushed further back on the back burner yet again!

It's almost like this 75g was just not meant to happen.

gulfsurfer101

Glad she's OK. Bed rest is no fun, but the important thing is keeping her and the baby healthy :)

Yeah we go back to the dr for a follow up tomorrow. They might just end up keeping her the remainder of the time. It's difficult with the other kids going to school and her in the hospital an hour away. I'm not prepared at all for this. I'm going to be spread thin by the end of this one I can already tell.
gulfsurfer101

Hawkins frag in the sand! These have always been temperamental so we're going to take it easy with this one!

20160214_222144_zpse97zdwbx.jpg

And this one had nearly rtn'd down to the frag plug when I moved everything out my 75g and things sat in a tub for a week. It's looking like it's going to pull through! The camera doesn't do it justice. Has a blue flame looking skin!

20160214_222155_zpsgwmldbra.jpg

gulfsurfer101

Also playing around with Billy's rock! I'll probably order another 30 pounds from John or Marco to get the look I'm looking for! I want two pillars in my 75. The board their on is basically the size of my 75g as I'm using the stand for my tank as a sheet rock work horse atm lol!

20160215_213115_zpsummzhzbv.jpg

gulfsurfer101

I want an open scape so I don't want to go adding too much more! I'll be bonding them with hydraulic concrete mixed with grout to get the color right! I like the way things went when I tried it on a few other pieces. Once I get them together I'll let everything cure a couple weeks in a tub of fw till I'm ready to set up my tank.

gulfsurfer101

So the new news is the tank is being overran with green coraline with a few purple spots coming in. A few aptasia snuck in on a zoa frag so I added a peppermint shrimp for the time being. I picked up a frag of Cali tort from my buddy Glenn over at CGA! I also picked up an octospawn and a frag with about ten heads of blastos from a local guy breaking down his tank. I'm definitely out of sand bed room with now 7 different species of ephullia taking up the majority of it! I ordered the salt for my 75g so it's going up soon now! Just waiting to drywall and mud behind the area where my tank will go and on the return pump I bought from the classifieds. Once those things happen I'll be filling it up!

Archived