Cultivated Reef

Ant's Retired 7g Shallow- Thread Moved

antsypants

Funny story, this tank was made from glass cut for a 20 gal with similar dimensions, but I changed my mind :P

If you were wondering, it's 18inx14xinx7in. 2 in from the length went into the back chamber.

What did you use to cut the glass? Just a regular scoring cutter from the hardware store?

• 2 weeks later...

updates for us?

As a matter of fact...

IMG_0236_zpstlqmkuzl.jpg

I managed to find a used nanobox :) I was about to send out an order when I heard about it. Seller was local and I reaaaaally wanted to see a light over the tank, so I went for it. Tonight was actually my first time seeing it in person as I just got home for the weekend and it is brilliant. Honestly, I can't wait to start stocking now that the light's been crossed off the list.

• Like 7
printerdown01

Great tank build and nice scape! It is hard working with such a small space, but looks like you used the law of 3rds to your advantage and it looks really good. As someone who has moved tanks quite a bit the best advice I can give you is to make sure your rocks are SOID. If that back rock is actually a couple of pieces pull it out cement the living daylights out of the thing and then return it to the tank. Putting stuff back together never works out as well as you think it will. Feel free to hit me up when you move I have a few systems down depending on how long the move is.

Nice pickup.

It really is :)

Looks so perfect

Thanks :) won't be perfect til I figure out this storm controller. I'm way behind on that bluefish game haha

So cool! Great start!

Thanks! Being my second tank I actually kind of know what I'm doing this time around :)

Great tank build and nice scape! It is hard working with such a small space, but looks like you used the law of 3rds to your advantage and it looks really good. As someone who has moved tanks quite a bit the best advice I can give you is to make sure your rocks are SOID. If that back rock is actually a couple of pieces pull it out cement the living daylights out of the thing and then return it to the tank. Putting stuff back together never works out as well as you think it will. Feel free to hit me up when you move I have a few systems down depending on how long the move is.

I definitely had the golden ratio in mind ;) the rocks are epoxied together and seem pretty solid to me. As for moving, the tank is actually pretty small though the pictures don't show it. I'm definitely not stocking too heavily until I get it settled in a more permanent place.

This tank is amazing. I have been planning to start a desktop reef for me college desk next year, the plan was to use a aga 5.5g that I already bought but you have me wanting to try my own AIO shallow tank. There is just something about the shallow tanks. Either way I will be following this closely. Keep up the good work!

This tank is amazing. I have been planning to start a desktop reef for me college desk next year, the plan was to use a aga 5.5g that I already bought but you have me wanting to try my own AIO shallow tank. There is just something about the shallow tanks. Either way I will be following this closely. Keep up the good work!

Haha long list of shallow reefs that inspired this tank ;) for me, shallow tanks are just a nice break from the regular ones the same way picos and nanos can be more interesting than the larger systems. Plus it just looks sleek ;) (join us)

Nice! I dig the new tank. Solid work on the build.

Thanks man :) sorry to hear about what happened to yours but I'm excited to see you get it back up and running!

Cool looking tank. I really like the way the nano box looks on it. What are the stocking plans?

Thanks, me too :) I want to do macros and softies with a mantis but it's still open for discussion. I'm also going rogue and am currently having someone hold onto a baby bubble tip for me :0

This tank is pretty much perfect. I love the dims,light,scape errrything !!! Following along

Sorry didn't see this! Thank you though :)

Not a problem man,I give credit where credit is due !!! What're the stock in plans if I missed it,I'm sorry..

I mentioned what I was planning in the post above my last one :)

So... A baby bubble tip lol ?

Well, that's the only thing I physically have. The rest (softies, macros, mantis) are kinda just plans that can easily change.

Nice looking tank and build- great job

Thanks! I haven't had time to really check out your tank but your growth is sick. Congrats on totm btw :)

Nice!

Thanks man :)
  • Like 1

Following this one, looks great so far. I like the minimal amount of rock.

More the merrier :)

And thank you. Still can't wait to get it covered in life though!