Pod Your Reef

Where do you guys order corals?

Seth fhy

I have only ordered corals online once from reefs2go and it was okay. I want to know where you guys order corals from! Thanks in advance

So far I've only ordered from SaltCritters. They are far cheaper (plus lots of sales) than most sites but they do tend to have the same colors over and over. I was going to order from them tonight during their flash sale but my heater blew up and I had to spend my spare cash replacing that. I've been looking around at a couple of places and I think the next time I order it will be either Salt Critters again or KP Aquatics. I looked at CGA and their website doesn't really work and their eBay page only has 20 items listed. The other company I've looked at getting some corals from is Cultivated Reef. Their shipping is a bit lower than most and their coral prices are pretty reasonable as well. I don't recall the name but there is one website that only charges $20 for shipping but it definitely looks like they inflate their coral prices in order to make up for that...

So far I've only ordered from SaltCritters. They are far cheaper (plus lots of sales) than most sites but they do tend to have the same colors over and over. I was going to order from them tonight during their flash sale but my heater blew up and I had to spend my spare cash replacing that. I've been looking around at a couple of places and I think the next time I order it will be either Salt Critters again or KP Aquatics. I looked at CGA and their website doesn't really work and their eBay page only has 20 items listed. The other company I've looked at getting some corals from is Cultivated Reef. Their shipping is a bit lower than most and their coral prices are pretty reasonable as well. I don't recall the name but there is one website that only charges $20 for shipping but it definitely looks like they inflate their coral prices in order to make up for that...

Uniquecorals has $15 shipping for CA and outside CA is $20 shipping, I was looking at their website. And thanks I will check out those websites!

Vietnam. $400 to $600 box is like playing the loto. :D I buy local I am blessed to have some amazing LFS in my area. But If I am going to gamble and spend big money I buy overseas to stock a new tank.

Vietnam. $400 to $600 box is like playing the loto. :D I buy local I am blessed to have some amazing LFS in my area. But If I am going to gamble and spend big money I buy overseas to stock a new tank.

My nearest LFS is 2 hours away..

I am only a few months into my tank but I purchased from Tidal Gardens this weekend. It is only a 40 min ride so I did not have any shipping. That being said, they do offer shipping and they seem to have some nice stuff, reasonable pricing and great customer service. All of the tanks looked very nice and clean. All of the corals looked very healthy as well.

I usually buy from the LFS, couple good ones in Virginia Beach, VA but I have bought from Saltyunderground.com and they were amazing. My Frogspawn went from the size of my thumb tip to a monster mother colony the size of a dinner plate and the 6 headed frag. Got a couple zoas and GSP from them too that grew out really nicly.

Look on Craigslist as well, you'd be shocked at the deals you can find on there from local reefers or look into a local reef club and become a member and go to their frag swaps. Even if you don't have something to trade they sell as well and always like new members.

I usually buy from the LFS, couple good ones in Virginia Beach, VA but I have bought from Saltyunderground.com and they were amazing. My Frogspawn went from the size of my thumb tip to a monster mother colony the size of a dinner plate and the 6 headed frag. Got a couple zoas and GSP from them too that grew out really nicly.

Look on Craigslist as well, you'd be shocked at the deals you can find on there from local reefers or look into a local reef club and become a member and go to their frag swaps. Even if you don't have something to trade they sell as well and always like new members.

Which stores in VB now that Animal Jungle shut down?

Archived