Coral Vue Hydros

Clownfishes... What kind/kinds do you have?

Spoon Fed EM1

Spoon Fed EM1

I'm quite curious to know what kind of clownfishes you guy have in your tank/tanks?

i currently have a pair of WC True Percula and thinking of grabbing another pair of some sort for my other tank, but not sure what as of yet...

20150203_201944_zps3zuk8sbn.jpg

Snow_Phoenix

I'm quite curious to know what kind of clownfishes you guy have in your tank/tanks?

i currently have a pair of WC True Percula and thinking of grabbing another pair of some sort for my other tank, but not sure what as of yet...

20150203_201944_zps3zuk8sbn.jpg

I have a pair of Wild True Percs as well. Here's a shot of them:

Ctn0GG9.png

One thing I've noticed about Percs - they'll usually readily host anything. Mine are currently hosting a rubber nem in my QT tank.

Also, how big is your tank? Clowns are usually territorial once they pair up. They won't readily tolerate a second pair, unless your tank is large enough.

NorthGaHillbilly

Ive got a false perc and a Davinci, there in the process if paring up, but the davinci immediately went straight to the nem, which was really a dream come true for me.

16700408228_f4d230492f_n.jpg

16852247086_46c013831a_n.jpg

reefernanoman

One black and white clown in my fusion 10G and a maroon clown pair in my 28g nanocube and I hate all three of them! Lol. They are very annoying. Just ask around.

NorthGaHillbilly

One black and white clown in my fusion 10G and a maroon clown pair in my 28g nanocube and I hate all three of them! Lol. They are very annoying. Just ask around.

Mine has a habbit of biting me constantly when I have my hand on the right side of the tank, but I dont have any sand for them to move around (saw your other thread)

I don't have any now but I've had B/W occies, reg occies, snow onyx, tomato, and cinnamon clowns. I wish I could find a find picasso and a large WC perc.

I've got two black and white CB ocellaris. They bite me whenever I go near 'their' meat coral to clean anything or feed, and kick up sand over everything.. It's like having half reef tank, half snow globe.

NorthGaHillbilly

I've got two black and white CB ocellaris. They bite me whenever I go near 'their' meat coral to clean anything or feed, and kick up sand over everything.. It's like having half reef tank, half snow globe.

my original one lives under the meats as well

my original one lives under the meats as well

That's awesome. The meat corals you've got look amazing. Both of my clowns sort of just hover over the top of it all day. After lights out and it recedes, they dig a giant ditch right next to it and sleep. Definitely their happy place..

Snow_Phoenix

I've kept Clarkiis, Tomatos, Fires, Perculas and Occys before. Generally no aggression from any of them except that one time I decided to experiment and keep a pair of cultured tomatos with a bonded pair of Wild Occy + Cultured True Percula (odd couple, I know). The female Tomato became quite territorial since then. So it's safe to say, you might as well just keep one nice pair of clowns in your tank and call it a day.

I think keeping anything more than a pair of clowns under a 120G tank is going to be problematic. JMO.

I don't have any now but I've had B/W occies, reg occies, snow onyx, tomato, and cinnamon clowns. I wish I could find a find picasso and a large WC perc.

1.0! Nice to see you! How goes your tank? ;)

Also, stop by my new build thread when you're free. B)

EDIT: It's Shadow, btw. I had a name change. :lol:

Spoon Fed EM1

Also, how big is your tank? Clowns are usually territorial once they pair up. They won't readily tolerate a second pair, unless your tank is large enough.

the pair are in a 20L to themselves and i'm in the process of building my 40B which is gonna house the next pair of clownfish

Snow_Phoenix

the pair are in a 20L to themselves and i'm in the process of building my 40B which is gonna house the next pair of clownfish

Then it shouldn't be a problem. I assumed you were going to mix them (as in, have 2 pairs in a single tank) so my bad. What type of clowns are you planning on getting for the 40B?

NorthGaHillbilly

That's awesome. The meat corals you've got look amazing. Both of my clowns sort of just hover over the top of it all day. After lights out and it recedes, they dig a giant ditch right next to it and sleep. Definitely their happy place..

Im digging yours too, My next one will have the heavy ruffles on it like yours, both of mine lay relatively smooth

reefernanoman

Yup, annoying as heck! I love and hate clowns at the same time.

Spoon Fed EM1

Then it shouldn't be a problem. I assumed you were going to mix them (as in, have 2 pairs in a single tank) so my bad. What type of clowns are you planning on getting for the 40B?

no idea, wanted to see what everyone had to get ideas flowing in my head lol

NanoMaster32

I have two domino clowns and two blizzard clowns. Both pairs are really nice looking. I love my dominoes. The male has one white dot and the female has two. Super nice!

I got two "stubby" clownfish. not sure what the name of them is exactly. They're tank raised, but do host a Duncan coral I have every once in a while. I'll grab a pic on lunch and maybe someone can identify them.

Also have a snowflake in its own cube.

I've kept Clarkiis, Tomatos, Fires, Perculas and Occys before. Generally no aggression from any of them except that one time I decided to experiment and keep a pair of cultured tomatos with a bonded pair of Wild Occy + Cultured True Percula (odd couple, I know). The female Tomato became quite territorial since then. So it's safe to say, you might as well just keep one nice pair of clowns in your tank and call it a day.

I think keeping anything more than a pair of clowns under a 120G tank is going to be problematic. JMO.

1.0! Nice to see you! How goes your tank? ;)

Also, stop by my new build thread when you're free. B)

EDIT: It's Shadow, btw. I had a name change. :lol:

Heyo, tank is still cycling. It's almost ready I just need my Lifereef overflow to ship out!

I've got a fire tomato as it had been in the shop over a year and needed a loving home. It has a real problem with people having hands in the tank (probably due to being in a shop so long where every anemone it called home got taken away at somepoint). But it's a beautiful specimen. I did have a pair of ocellaris before, but I lost them to velvet at the start of the year. I have to say I'm not a fan of designer clowns. They just look ugly, the percs and ocellaris are some of the most attractive in my opinon and I have to say our new tomato is lovely too and has a great personality, if not a lust to kill me when ever my hand is in the tank....

On saying I don't like designer clowns, someone recently posted a photo on the forum of their new lightning bolt maroon, that is an amazing looking fish and I have to say if I didn't have the tomato and could get hold of one/a pair I wouldn't say no.

I personally don't like designer clowns, simply preferring the 'wild" look... :P

I currently have A. ocellaris, clarki, frenatus, allardi, akallopisos and perideraion - love my clowns... ;)

I have two sets.. one in each of my BC29s.

One pair is a B/W Occy and a reg Occy in my reef tank. Think the Orange is gonna turn female. She harasses him alot. They host my return head. Couldn't convince them no how to accept either a Nem or a coral. Friendly duo... dumber than bricks.

My other two is a mated pair of Gold Stripe Maroon Clowns in my Nem tank. She rules the roost. Yes, we have snow globe frequently with her. Only other fish is a Randall Goby with a Tiger Pistol Shrimp. They are both good sized, so she doesn't get to push them around that much. Poor little boy though.

Archived