SaltCritters.com

[HELP] What lighting for Fluval Spec V?

KuyasNanoReef

KuyasNanoReef

Hey guys!!

So obviously by my title I need help deciding on what type of light to get for my Fluval Spec V :unsure:

Probably on the side of LEDs but always down to hear what you guys have to say :P

If you guys can you can rate 3 lights on which to get... I'm looking to eventually have some SPS corals (probably some bird nests at most). I want something less than $200 :closedeyes:

My dimensions, if you didn't know were 17.2"L x 6.3"W x 10.6"H

PS: I also have a tank journal/build thread if you guys wanna check it out on my page(:

THANKS GUYS!!

The smallest Current Orbit Marine (~18 inches) fits on that tank well, and should allow you to grow most corals well enough, and definitely fits within your budget. Others have used that light on that tank, so if you look around you might find their opinions of it...

If youre good at DIY lights there's a million different options you could do,honestly. I went ahead and pieced together some stuff and you could do something powerful enough to keep whatever you want for $220. It'd be 4x 3up's from StevesLED's that would be 2x (2 Royal Blue,1 True Cool Blue) 2x (1 Neutral White,1 Warm White,1 Lime) and 4 430nm Hyper Violets a 200w Power Supply,a Storm controller and a Coralux Board with 2 700mA LDD drivers.

Or you could just get a Orbit light or 2x Coral Compulsion Par38's or Par30's. I think the 2x Par bulbs would be better. Or one of the 35w G2 Par bulbs. My LFS has them over their frag tank and they're killer little lights for $130 and its dimmable.

Archived