Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

165Watt full spectrum light

nidding

Does anyone have thoughts on this light. Good value for money and could it grow SPS? Anyone tried it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MarsAqua-Dimmable-165W-LED-Aquarium-Grow-Light-Full-Spectrum-Reef-Coral-LPS-SPS-/370857093101?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5658ce27ed

I'm thnking of hanging on 6"-8" over a 30" tank and pulling off the optics. Could that work with SPS in the center of the tank?

Should be fine for a 30". Disco shadows are a problem with the really diverse LED color sets, but it's only an aethestic thing.

Even with optics off you'll need it higher than 8" to avoid the ends of the tank being dark. Remember that bare LED's are still 80-90 coverage.

Should be fine for a 30". Disco shadows are a problem with the really diverse LED color sets, but it's only an aethestic thing.

Even with optics off you'll need it higher than 8" to avoid the ends of the tank being dark. Remember that bare LED's are still 80-90 coverage.

Disco shadows I can live with :) With a fixture priced like this, there is bound to be some compromises made, I guess.

I don't know why, but I was under the impression that LEDs with no extra optics were around 120 degrees. Do you know if it's possible to put on another set of lenses then?

I would love to put a longer fixture over the tank but there simply is no room for the 300 watt version in my canopy. Just as there is no room to hang the light any higher. Sadly

Archived