SaltCritters.com

29 gallon biocube reef

JoshuaSlowinski

JoshuaSlowinski

Hi I am getting a 29 gallon biocube and I just wanted to know what I could put in like what corals with the stock lightING I haven't got it yet but I am ordering it within the next two weeks than I have to cycle it and than clean up crew and so on and if you have any other tips for the biocube I would appreciate it

i just put in a red and green zoa and starburst frag so far everything's good id say stick with softies like leather and zoas starting out then eventually if you want to keep some lps and sps corals you'll want to upgrade the lighting

Yep softies and some lps with the right flow.....watch the heat though, biggest reason to switch to leds and the benefit of running any corals you choose.

JoshuaSlowinski

Thank you do you think some frogspawn and hammer coral would do good ? And I really like bran corals like favia and tips for that?

I would really check up on ANY angel before putting it in the biocube, Not Reef Safe and/or Too Small of a tank, would be the biggest problems. Best advice I can give is read EVERYTHING on the first page of a google search lol. No one will agree 100% but you will have a great idea on a overall consensus.

NanoMaster32

I have a flame angel in my biocube and he beat the crap out of my LPS coral so I had to move all of them to my other tank. I would just avoid getting flame angels in your reef. The question is not if it will eat your LPS, it's when. Also you want to make sure that eh angel you get is small enough. Mine is a little runt and is plenty small for the tank but most that I have seen get too big for a 29 biocube.

JoshuaSlowinski

That's what I thought they were just one of Mt favorite fish thank you and will a coral beauty eat corals I know that is probably a dumb question

No idea about the angelfish sorry, but I certainly would vote in favour of frogspawn, I didn't care for it at first however now its my favourite piece.

Archived