Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

cloudy tank

Bayou Reef

Ok, nipped the HA in the butt by making a few changes along with scrubbing rocks. 50% w/c on top of regular 10% wc/wk. Running poly filter pad (not floss) chemipure and chaeto. I also reduced my white light intensity to 75%. Lights still run 12 hours modestly ( led ramp is awesome ).

Well, 4 days later tank is cloudy. Day 5 (today) still cloudy after adjusting surface aggitation and adding a new poly pad. (Removed last pad after 48 hours of run time - tea bag color). Kinda stumped on the random bloom.

Cant afford uv sterilizer...

More water changes? NO 0ppm across the board. Unsure about phosphates. Calcium issue maybe after recent water change?

Tank is 7 months old; softies are pissed except for kenya tree lmao

nanolutionary

Your tank is still very young and will be developing quite flippantly at this stage especially given the high level of activity you've been administering to it recently, you're probably experiencing a bacterial bloom, perfectly normal. You could try adding some activated carbon sandwiched between some media in a filter which would tell you the water is not simply filled with dissolved organic matter, I would also recommend testing all your parameters to make sure everything there is balanced and then just carry on doing what you're doing regular water changes till things clear up.

Archived